Controversial opinions on metal

Determined to kill their dad for taking their internet privileges away for 48 hours. So real.
no, killing sluts and mutilating corpses. what is real? all metal is fantasy. Autopsy and Pestilence are just as "real" as Suicide Silence and All Shall Perish

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
no, killing sluts and mutilating corpses. what is real? all metal is fantasy. Autopsy and Pestilence are just as "real" as Suicide Silence and All Shall Perish

That's the point. Again you missed it.
Autopsy
and Pestilence are escapism. Deathcore is whiny first world problems "dear diary I killed my girlfriend" bullshit.

I'm slowly realizing that doom is my favorite genre, it's jsut got a perfect mix of everything, the slow atmospheric stuff, the groove, the melancholy, the melody, the vocals of all kinds.

I'm having a revelation

If you like doom metal, you should also have a Revelation album. They're all excellent, so just pick one.

Reactions: CiG
Nah that's not the case mate. Beauty of 'metal' and its sub genres is that you'll find music that fits your life or whatever. I look forward to the day that you tell me that you're fucking off ya head on some shit and wanna bash some cunt cause you've been listening to Conqueror or Abominatar. You just do your own thing fuck everbody.else.

Reactions: RedStorm
Yoda literally said that the poor production quality is what makes the Hellhammer demos good. That he finds early Bathory remotely interesting musically further proves the point that, yes, there are adult metalheads that actually think shit production = good music (at least if it was recorded in the early-mid 80s). Black metal is hipster bait, always has been, always will be.

Oh so in other words you mean @Master_Yoda77 is nothing more than a giant poser? News to me bruh.

That's the point. Again you missed it.
Autopsy
and Pestilence are escapism. Deathcore is whiny first world problems "dear diary I killed my girlfriend" bullshit.

Dismember's Skin Her Alive and Death's Sacrificial seem like immediately obvious counter-arguments. It's just that no one pays attention to death metal lyrics because they're garbage 99% of the time, whereas death metal fans pay intense attention to deathcore lyrics because they want to feel better about their own music of no lyrical value.

Reactions: arg and RedStorm
Technical and progressive death metal is best sub-genre of metal In my opinion.
I don't like nu,punk and alternative metal.

Its really all subjective, I now regret my comment about doom earlier. I love old school Death metal, its what got me into metal lol, but i really like all metal sub genres but american black metal (usually) and slam death

Agreed, I think this review sums it up best:

Here's what [deathcore band] told us with their first album, [deathcore debut album]: they were from, er, Sweden; they were very upset about something -- probably their parents; they played extremely fast and furious; and they pretty much sounded like a "baby" [different deathcore band], offering little in the way of innovation to the booming [deathcore] scene. And that's pretty much it. Later on, their contributions would rank among the best death[core] around, but, for now, only the title track and latter-day concert favorite "[deathcore song]" show any inspiration. Everything else will barely interest even hardcore fans.

Just noise, angst, and screaming. Irredeemable genre.

Reactions: CiG and RedStorm