Controversial opinions on metal

People who say that deathcore sucks.

Good job. Your charisma and debating skills have really persuaded me to like deathcore.

But seriously, you won't convince people who hate deathcore, myself included, to like it by posting extremely well-known deathcore bands like Whitechapel. Everyone has heard them already.

Reactions: CiG
I know. Welcome to a thread that is literally about opinions. I actually edited my post to address why you won't be successful.

Why are you using Allmusic's absolutely horrible review of The Red in the Sky is Ours in a discussion about deathcore?

To prove that all extreme metal(-related) genres are nothing more than talentless uninspired screaming about their parents.

That Whitechapel above is probably the second worst song on that album btw, after Midnight Meat Train (how did Manilla Road not get nominated in the 'meat' game?). Such a shitty album.

This is the unedited version of Allmusic's At the Gates review that Hamburgerboy used for anyone who hasn't seen it:

"Here's what Sweden's At the Gates told us with their first album, The Red in the Sky is Ours: they were from, er, Sweden; they were very upset about something -- probably their parents; they played extremely fast and furious; and they pretty much sounded like a "baby" Entombed, offering little in the way of innovation to the booming Gothenburg death metal scene. And that's pretty much it. Later on, their contributions would rank among the best death metal around, but, for now, only the title track and latter-day concert favorite "Kingdom Gone" show any inspiration. Everything else will barely interest even hardcore fans."

It's clear that the reviewer has spent no time at all with this album.

That Whitechapel above is probably the second worst song on that album btw, after Midnight Meat Train (how did Manilla Road not get nominated in the 'meat' game?). Such a shitty album.

It's definitely my least favorite album from prior to them breaking up. I still like it overall.

I thought Rammstein wasn't considered "proper" metal by most people around here in first place, but I was judging by a thread I found a while ago, so I might be wrong :-/.

Lyric-wise, Rammstein are just unreal. I know that it's hard to appreciate unless one speaks German, but the selection of words, the way the lyrics build up, the double entendres, just magnificent. The singer's books are great as well. Combined with the stage show and the authenticity (hell, who makes a hole in their cheek just to lead a cable through it to power a small light bulb in their mouth for a visual effect in a music video?), it's one of the few things where I feel like I get a complete "experience" instead of just a bunch of guys playing music.
They're far from my favorite band, but I like them. Till manages some impressive low register vocals and the keyboards are cool. Lyrically, they're pretty decent, but definitely not what I would describe as "unreal". Unreal in terms of lyrics would be Bob Dylan, or Patti Smith. Visually, I agree, they're astounding. One of the best theatrical shows I've ever witnessed. In terms of a "full experience", if the performer has enough real energy to them, they have good songs, and they play really well, that's usually enough for me. But I do agree, good theatricality does add a little something that some music just doesn't have.

To prove that all extreme metal(-related) genres are nothing more than talentless uninspired screaming about their parents.
All extreme metal? As in all thrash, black, doom, speed, and death metal? It's all 100 percent uninspired and talentless? Or are you simply talking spin offs like all the "-core" stuff?