Controversial opinions on metal

Actually, since that post seemed to miss my initial point too, I'll restate it more clearly: anyone that dismisses an entire genre as "just noise and whining and screaming" is a stupidhead, and for a fan of metal to do that to -core styles is ridiculously dense.

Try to read 1) the full context and 2) sarcasm.

Well it's sometimes hard to tell with you, since you go around accusing people of only liking/disliking certain bands because it's "trendy" or "in-crowd" or whatever. I also don't know your opinion on The Red in the Sky is Ours, so I wasn't sure what you were trying to imply.

It shouldn't need to be said that writing off entire genres is quite silly, unless you have substantial experience with said genre. I don't like any rap that I've heard, but I'm not going to say it's a horrible genre or anything.

Reactions: CiG and RedStorm
Dismember's Skin Her Alive and Death's Sacrificial seem like immediately obvious counter-arguments. It's just that no one pays attention to death metal lyrics because they're garbage 99% of the time, whereas death metal fans pay intense attention to deathcore lyrics because they want to feel better about their own music of no lyrical value.

The "dear diary" part was an important part of my comment's context. I didn't forget "Skin Her Alive" and songs written from the point of view of serial killers and the like is pretty common. Because it's fantasy. Death is escapism.

Death metal is like what Nosferatu is to the vampire genre and deathcore is basically Interview With A Vampire. Same topic, totally different approaches.

Suicide Silence lyrics:

Your curses with thoughts and narration
For what I say
Hope you listen

Your cursed with thoughts and narration
This is what you get
I made you smile

And doctors wont be able to recognize your fucking face!

Be, be nothing, be nothing without me

How could you think that I was joking
But Im not, be nothing, be strong, without me
But still curses crumble as we let this happen
We cant let this happen
As we all come down
We cant

Because (2x)
You abide by something funny
Whats funny now?
You abide by something sacred
You found it gone

Inside (3x)
Your curses die
Inside (3x)
Your curses die

Dismember lyrics:

Haunted by my conscious
Living my life in hell
Didn't hesitate
When I moved in for the kill

Screams echoed in the distance
And I cannot ignore
Smiling at the memories
When I slaughtered the whore

Skin her alive

Time has come to confess
I did it for the thrill
I had never dreamt of
That it would be so nice to kill

Decide for yourself.

Actually, since that post seemed to miss my initial point too, I'll restate it more clearly: anyone that dismisses an entire genre as "just noise and whining and screaming" is a stupidhead, and for a fan of metal to do that to -core styles is ridiculously dense.
I personally detest almost anything "-core" (probably because most of what I've seen appears to be vapid, hyper-simplistic horseshit to me) but there's no such thing objective musical taste, so if you like what you like, so be it. And I know it's more than "noise, whining, and screaming", but from a purely technical musical rubric it seems kinda cruddy to me, and I haven't seen much in it that struck me as inspired. Then again, that's just me. If you like it, I ain't gonna be an ass about it, that's your taste, and you have every right to it.

The "dear diary" part was an important part of my comment's context. I didn't forget "Skin Her Alive" and songs written from the point of view of serial killers and the like is pretty common. Because it's fantasy. Death is escapism.

Death metal is like what Nosferatu is to the vampire genre and deathcore is basically Interview With A Vampire. Same topic, totally different approaches.

Suicide Silence lyrics:

Dismember lyrics:

Decide for yourself.
I just listened to the 2 songs back to back and thoroughly enjoyed both :) they each have qualities I can appreciate

yea man death metal is like the hardened convict murderer in prison and deathcore is his angsty little brother that worships him

Reactions: RedStorm
Nu Metal is a perfectly valid subgenre of Metal.

tumblr_m9g4iaUuxG1r4wmbao1_500.png