Controversial opinions on metal

I think I would say grindcore is influenced by death metal and thrash metal, but isn't metal. I would say deathgrind is more based upon a metal background, therefore it could be seen as the metal variant of grindcore. But it's open to interpretation.

Heaviness,tones,etc... is subjective. Not any different then music being subjective. And someone thinks Dimebag can play guitar better than Akerfeldt or vice versa,etc.. Ofcourse opinions give people things to talk about and discuss. So forever it will be a stinky asshole. I don't care who you are, you are going to hell.

I think I would say grindcore is influenced by death metal and thrash metal, but isn't metal. I would say deathgrind is more based upon a metal background, therefore it could be seen as the metal variant of grindcore. But it's open to interpretation.
Napalm Death came out right after Death (Scream Bloody Gore at least), is it safe to say they were more influenced by hardcore punk?

Napalm Death came out right after Death (Scream Bloody Gore at least), is it safe to say they were more influenced by hardcore punk?
Napalm Death have admitted that they were more influenced by hardcore punk than metal, and it is apparent in not just the music but also their lyrics. They were definitely influenced by bands like Celtic Frost, Bathory, Slayer etc. but they seemed to find more in common with bands like Discharge and D.R.I, as well as post-punk bands such as Killing Joke and Joy Division. It really was a little bit of everything I guess.

Early Swans was apparently a major influence on Napalm Death too. I have always found that funny because of how slow early Swans is compared to most music.

Early Swans was apparently a major influence on Napalm Death too. I have always found that funny because of how slow early Swans is compared to most music.
Doesn't shock me that much, considering they listened to Sonic Youth, The Pixies, Joy Division and stuff like that. Swans makes a bit more sense actually because early Swans was pretty noisy (that's quite and understatement).

Hell doesn't exist but I welcome the fire. I could use a pube trim but I'm too lazy to do it myself, I'm sure the hellfire will burn my pubes in a jiffy.

One day you'll be standing in hell. Joel Osteen will be there and someone will beat his ass everyday. It can't be that bad of a place.

Symphonies Of Sickness has the perfect production for it's sound. It's a masterpiece.
This is true. But it must be said that it's still likely to make you want to pull out your own anal tract and then eat it (but in a good way). Only a metal head would describe that and then add "in a good way" at the end. Anyways, better production but still putrid stuff.

This is true. But it must be said that it's still likely to make you want to pull out your own anal tract and then eat it (but in a good way). Only a metal head would describe that and then add "in a good way" at the end. Anyways, better production but still putrid stuff.

I think production like all the other instruments works differently for different artists. Do I want a Carcass record with a production style similar to that of an Iron Maiden record? Probably not. Same vice versa.

Reactions: Burzum_Maiden
I think production like all the other instruments works differently for different artists. Do I want a Carcass record with a production style similar to that of an Iron Maiden record? Probably not. Same vice versa.
I agree. That wouldn't make any sense and would sound awful. Different artists most definitely do have different recording styles, but there are some aspects of production that remain objective e.g. the mixing of a record. In most cases certain instruments need to be higher in a mix than others, but if you can't hear a certain instrument over top of everything else, that aspect of the production is poorly done, regardless of genre. There's a lot of wiggle room, but some things are kind of set in stone.