Controversial opinions on metal

He's talking to me, because its metal fact that the other subgenres of metal you listen to directly relate to what youre currently talking about. It's proven fact (on this board)

Also BDM = brutal death metal.

I should've realized this though I kept thinking blackened death metal for some reason. I don't like brutal death metal (specifically the genre itself) but I listen to stuff that's even further away from what many here would call real music.

I do feel the need to say that I hate how with certain music fandoms there's these certain bands and albums you're just expected or supposed to like. When I listened primarily to metal there were people who couldn't stand that I didn't care for Metallica, Slayer, or Iron Maiden. A while back I got flack from a guy who couldn't stand that I thought Can was a legitimately better band than Led Zeppelin. I still feel I should be honest about how I feel otherwise there's no point in discussion.

Around here those bands are The Chasm, Manilla Road, and Arch-era Fates Warning.

Never heard of The Chasm and I used to be big into Manilla road but haven't listened or been interested in them for a while. I am huge on John Arch Fates Warning or hell Fates in general.

... and if you want a shitstorm, say something about King Diamond.

Hell, I think that is even a bannable offense!

I prefer Ulrich's drumming on the first four Metallica albums to Lombardo's drumming on the first two Slayer albums, or virtually anything Charlie Benante has done.

Never heard of The Chasm and I used to be big into Manilla road but haven't listened or been interested in them for a while. I am huge on John Arch Fates Warning or hell Fates in general.

I'm a shameless fanboy of The Chasm. Do yourself a favour and listen to Deathcult for Eternity, Procession to the Infraworld and Conjuration of the Spectral Empire. All of their albums are worthy, though.