Controversial opinions on metal

Has anybody actually listened to The Book of Souls? How is it in comparison to the rest of their 2000's albums?

Boring as fuck imo, and I like all their other 2000s albums.

There are literally two things I like on The Book of Souls.

1) The opener, which admittedly is totally sick and one of their best revival-era songs.
2) That pre-chorus bit in the title track (By power day and night and death he ruled them...)

I find James Heitfields vocals reminiscent of a hillbilly especially on AJFA.

one of my all time favourite vocal performances, cold and brooding and guttural. i can understand people finding him quite affected i guess, he inflects pretty strongly, but i think it gives the band more character m'self.

Hetfield's vocals on the first four albums are very underrated. He puts out so much anger and aggression in his tone. Often when he sings on the downbeat, it sounds like another guitar.

Reactions: CiG
l'd kinda go along with that although l always considered it more of a grind album. Side 1 is perfection

Yeah, I don't consider it to be enough of a death metal album to take that throne.

I don't really think of Symphonies of sickness as Grindcore I mean their are Grindcore elements but with that album they mostly abandoned the goreground style from Reek of putrification and went more straight up disgusting death metal. Either way I certainly enjoy it more than any other album I would consider death metal.