Controversial opinions on metal

Perhaps saying GNR sucks balls is a bit harsher than I really feel but they are the main band I think of when it comes to boring, uninteresting, and fairly obnoxious hard rock. They are like AC/DC but stripped of any charm or real fun. Not horrible horrible but probably my least favorite classic rock band behind the Sex Pistols.

Perhaps saying GNR sucks balls is a bit harsher than I really feel but they are the main band I think of when it comes to boring, uninteresting, and fairly obnoxious hard rock. They are like AC/DC but stripped of any charm or real fun. Not horrible horrible but probably my least favorite classic rock band behind the Sex Pistols.

Oh come now ACDC is far, far worse. As are Kiss, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Van Halen, and all the rest of those kind of bands. Guns N' Roses aren't exactly my favourite group, but of the late of 80's milieu of Hard Rock/Hair Metal bands they're head and shoulders above the rest.

Last edited:
Mate Kiss were fucking magic way back, albums like Dressed to Kill and Destroyer.....gods ha
Motley Crue at least had tunes like 'Live Wire' 'Looks that Kill' and 'Shout at the Devil' that dripped in obnoxious attitude...GNR just seemed...copiests.. at least they had Slash l guess, a fantastic geetarist that's never really shown his worth imo
but no..they blow compared to AC/DC and Van Halen. Whitesnake also had John Sykes = geetar royalty

Oh come now ACDC is far, far worse. As are Kiss, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Van Halen, and all the rest of those kind of bands. Guns N' Roses aren't exactly my favourite group, but of the late of 80's milieu of Hard Rock/Hair Metal bands they're head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree with this. Minus the AC/DC part ... they shouldn't even be lumped with the rest of the garbage bands you mentioned right there.

Interesting thing about Guns 'n Roses is how they imploded at the height of their success and only after a few albums. Had they stayed together it would have been somewhat interesting to see how they fared throughout the rest of the 90's once grunge became the hottest thing. Personally, they've always been hit or miss for me. I love "My Michelle" but the last time I heard "Sweet Child of Mine" come on the radio I got road rage. Overplayed as fuck.

And Whitesnake fucking rules. Still of the Night motherfuckers.