Controversial opinions on metal

kiss and motley crue are absolute garbage.
Mötley Crüe pioneered glam metal, Vince Neil was a technically fantastic singer, Tommy Lee is a brilliant drummer, etc. KISS pioneered arena rock and were one of the first if not the first band to fuse British glam rock with American hard rock, generated a stage show and public image topped only by Alice Cooper in sheer theatrical grandeur, Paul Stanley is one of the greatest singers in rock history on a technical level, Gene Simmons is a good singer as well, Ace Frehley is a master of minimalist, riff-centric, blazing solo hard rock guitar, they had astoundingly strong mastery of exceptionally rich harmony and harmonics in their arrangements, and combined them expertly with hooky, tight melodies, etc.

Last edited:
I think what we're losing sight of here is that in comparison to NWOBHM or 70's Hard Rock pretty much all of these bands suck. The discussion here is really about the relative degree to which each of them suck.

I think what we're losing sight of here is that in comparison to NWOBHM or 70's Hard Rock pretty much all of these bands suck. The discussion here is really about the relative degree to which each of them suck.

And of the bands mentioned id say GNR suck the most because I find them the most obnoxious. I still don't listen to any of those bands. If I want straight up hard rock I prefer stuff like Deep Purple in Rock or The Stooges Raw Power.

GnR had some really great, classic songs, and Appetite is a great album all the way through. Admittedly I've never given KISS or Whitesnake that much of a chance, but from what I've heard, their best material doesn't come close to GnR's best (but I'm willing to take suggestions). Van Halen is definitely on a level well above those two as well, their first five albums all more or less very good.

UGH! Again? fucking really? Please, if you are trying to once again imply that one of the originators of heavy metal(something that is not even argued) were not heavy metal than you need to go play on a busy highway ... please. We've went through this a million times and i have crushed you a million times. You cannot argue something that is a fucking stone cold fact. Especially with something as measly as quoting someone saying they're a hard rock band. I mean, i've explained to you countless times why that would not be an incorrect label, and i've(and everyone else practicality) also used "hard rock/heavy metal" to describe them almost every time i've mentioned them, so why not quote me as well? Lol, pathetic.

And instead of wasting my time by repeating myself, you can just go right ahead and re-read one of our previous arguments on the same subject. And than proceed by doing the same thing you did before, by shutting the fuck up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque
Please excuse my prikishness, one too many beers in. This would have been my proper sober response ...

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

Reactions: Baroque