Controversial opinions on metal

Yea, that whole rock 'n' roll thing doesn't mean jack.

And re:MA Motley crue ....

You guys should look at the genre description. Its not as black and white as "but look MA says Motley Cure are metal so they're wrong".
Genre:
Heavy/Glam Metal, Hard Rock
I think MA did a pretty good job at pointing out to why they think MC should be included. I personally think they're wrong. I dont consider glam to be metal, so no part of their discog is metal to me. But that's a whole 'nother story on its own.

Reactions: Baroque
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Twisted_Sister/4975

This band even calls themselves Rock n' Roll on each of their first 4 albums.

"Bad Boys of Rock n' Roll"
"You Can't Stop Rock n' Roll"
"I Wanna Rock"
"Every Day I Rock n' Roll"
Except each of their first 4 albums bear all the sonic hallmarks of glam and trad metal. That's like saying Motörhead can't be regarded as a metal band simply because Lemmy was persistent in designating them as only playing rock and roll.

I agree that Glam is not metal. Should be called Glam Rock
How so? It has all the aesthetic and some of the musical sensibilities of glam infused rock music, but distinctly falls under the phylum of metal in a sonic regard. Bands like Mötley Crüe, W.A.S.P., and Dokken are unquestionably metallic in sonic edge, irrespective of their glammy airs.

Dressing up and acting like sluts is essentially the antithesis of being metal.

metalz iz not just music, metal iz life bro!
610x.jpg

Call it glam hard rock then. It tarnishes metal's name to call it such and it's definitely questionable or else they wouldn't say "glam/heavy/hard rock"
How does it tarnish metal's name? Because they aren't uber-edgy or hyper-technical (which isn't even universally true)? Get real. And the people who pretend it's questionable are willfully ignoring its panoply of objective sonic parallels with metal. It's like the fruits who pretend Deep Purple never made anything metal, it's demonstrably absurd and ultimately emanates from a personal distaste for the subgenre or band rather than authentic quandaries as to the band's status as a metal one.

Reactions: The Butt