Controversial opinions on metal

UGH! Again? fucking really? Please, if you are trying to once again imply that one of the originators of heavy metal(something that is not even argued) were not heavy metal than you need to go play on a busy highway ... please. We've went through this a million times and i have crushed you a million times. You cannot argue something that is a fucking stone cold fact. Especially with something as measly as quoting someone saying they're a hard rock band. I mean, i've explained to you countless times why that would not be an incorrect label, and i've(and everyone else practicality) also used "hard rock/heavy metal" to describe them almost every time i've mentioned them, so why not quote me as well? Lol, pathetic.

And instead of wasting my time by repeating myself, you can just go right ahead and re-read one of our previous arguments on the same subject. And than proceed by doing the same thing you did before, by shutting the fuck up.

People have given me flack for calling Deep Purple a heavy metal band. I don't see how anyone with a decent understanding of heavy metal can listen to Deep Purple in Rock and say that's not a metal album.

Appetite for Destruction is one of the best hard rock albums to exist and people are fucking fooling themselves and trying to be cool by saying that isn't true
Not fooling myself I simply don't like it very much at all. I find it generic,not very interesting, and I've come to the point I just don't like Axels voice.

Appetite for Destruction is one of the best hard rock albums to exist and people are fucking fooling themselves and trying to be cool by saying that isn't true
Yoga4.gif

GNR = AIDS

I wouldn't think it would be a controversial thing to say at all I mean I can get why many disagree on Rush but songs like Speed King and Blood sucker still feel savage as fuck.

I probably wouldn't classify them as heavy metal myself, but it's a bit of a grey area. At any rate, they had a massive influence on bands that definitely are heavy metal, so classifying them as metal isn't heretical in the same way defending a bands like Kiss evidently is.

This hard rock talk is off topic i this thread.

Controversial opinion: Gamma Ray is just as much metal and just as ballsy as uspm like Ample Destruction or whatever.

All hard rock acts mentioned here are fucking killer. Their classifications are largely irrelevant. Gamma Ray is very metal even though, if I recall correctly, Kai was trying to get away from the Helloween metal vibe he helped create. Good thing he failed!

Controversial Opinion:

Kai & co. would have done better if he had stayed in Helloween.

I don't think anyone says that the early Euro power of Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, etc is less metal than USPM. It's just less good. Both forms of power metal represent what is basically the purest form of metal in existence.

Power metal isn't really that much about ballsiness though imo, except bands like Savatage and Tyrant and stuff that are barely power metal anyways. Trad is where the balls are.

I wouldn't think it would be a controversial thing to say at all .

It's not controversial at all. Outside of one or maybe two guys here, i have never heard anyone question whether they are/were heavy metal or not.

Everyone knows how strict MA is when it comes to listing bands that aren't metal...

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Deep_Purple/1178

No Led Zeppelin on MA, to which i agree.