Controversial opinions on metal

WALK ON HOME BOY. I despise that song tho.

Haven't met a single person who doesn't.

I've always dug their big hits like Broken and Cemetery Gates, but throwing on some 'best of' album they actually have a lot of groovy stuff.

Cowboys from Hell (great album), some of Vulgar Display of Power, and even less of Far Beyond Driven.

Trust me, i dont think anyone here has listened to Cowboys From Hell as much as i have, i still have my original played out tape copy. But as the years passed, i have come to accept that it's an almost meritless, completely pedestrian album and doesn't even know what it wants to be. While not a bad album, its definitely not a good one ... and the same can be said for Vulgar, but at least they had found their sound by that time.

Cemetery Gates, Cowboys From Hell and The Sleep are the best songs on the album. Message in Blood is okay, the rest of the album is garbage. It's the last Pantera album i would currently reach for. I can confidently say that Vulgar is MUCH better.

I can't stand the vocals in Pantera, I used to like them when I was a kid but now it's like listening to rap, makes my head hurt.

Children of the damned is a poor mans Beyond the realms of death.

They aren't that similar imo. Worst case I'd say it's a rehash of Remember Tomorrow, but the presence of Dickinson plus that amazing bridge is more than enough to make it stand out as one of their greatest songs. Beyond the Realms of Death is a ripoff of some Styx song or something anyways (even if it's still a 10/10 ballad).

Even on Kill Em All?

I love Ulrich's drumming on Kill Em All. Not the fanciest but tons of energy, infinitely better than the stilted, ugly drumming on Show No Mercy.

SBS is the best of the four, V4 is half great half garbage... I've never had much opinion about Sabotage. and the other two are overrated because of just how bad they actually are compared to what people pretend.

I get a kick out of people pretending like Sabbath wrote ten of the best metal albums ever.

Heaven and Hell, Headloss Cross, and even Cross Purposes demolish them all except for Paranoid and Master of Reality but since they dont contain the original lineup, people dont give a shit.
Headless Cross is awful. The aural equivalent of malaria.

Also Heaven and Hell is great but the first six are still better.

I agree with @Krow to an extent. I have Headless Cross on order, but Cross Purposes is better than any of the first six Sabbath albums by a wide margin
scbu.gif