Controversial opinions on metal

A lot of the times Youtube vids fail to load even on good computers with good processors and good connections. It's a lame site with a few things worth keeping it for imo.
It has the potential to be better than Myspace. I really don't use band pages for anything other than listening. I could do without the clutter. Youtube seems to slowly be building up collections of songs from more obscure stuff. There's some cool stuff there, like a vid of Wrest playing drums from his old band in 1992 or so.

Fan made videos are sometimes not garbage. The Velvet Cacoon - Avalon Polo video is great. The band even commissioned the guy to make one for their new album. Ha.

mostly the only thing I do on YouTUbe is watch Comedy bits and Alizee :loco:
mmmm upskirts ftw ;D. youtube has a huge amount of metal tho

on topic, i listened to obzen over and over but never liked it. i couldnt even tell the songs apart, much less remember them.

on topic, i listened to obzen over and over but never liked it. i couldnt even tell the songs apart, much less remember them.

Shame on you, that's one of the best 2008 releases so far. :OMG:

Songs like "Combustion", "Bleed", "Lethargica", and "Dancers to a Discordant System" are just great.

whoa!

And also, hating Priest or Maiden is blasphemy (as I have seen earlier in this thread). And people give me shit for not liking Zeppelin? It doesn't add up.

although im indifferent to most of maiden's discography, anyone who claims to dislike tracks like, say, 'powerslave' or 'the clairvoyant' or 'the trooper' is fucking lying. meanwhile nobody into metal can fail to like substantial amounts of judas priest, clearly they've been listening to the wrong stuff

although im indifferent to most of maiden's discography, anyone who claims to dislike tracks like, say, 'powerslave' or 'the clairvoyant' or 'the trooper' is fucking lying. meanwhile nobody into metal can fail to like substantial amounts of judas priest, clearly they've been listening to the wrong stuff

The Trooper is tiresome, and Powerslave does absolutely nothing for me, and I'm a huge fan of Maiden. In fact, I think Infinite Dreams is is one of the best songs of all time. In fact, it's probably in my top 10... No, top 5 of all time.

The only Meshuggah album I've heard is Chaosphere, and it bores me to tears, although I respect Meshuggah for what they are.

I'll do say that anyone who likes Meshuggah but calls Dream Theater "boring wankery" (and I've seen people say that) better find another excuse for hating DT. I can appreciate Meshuggah's insane technicality sometimes, but anyone who claims their music has more soul than DT doesn't know what he/she's talking about.

I got a sampler from CM with two songs from this (Bleed and the title track)...unimpressed. I really just don't like Meshuggah; fucking ANNOYING.

:mad: :erk:

whoa!

And also, hating Priest or Maiden is blasphemy (as I have seen earlier in this thread). And people give me shit for not liking Zeppelin? It doesn't add up.

I don't like Judas Priest at all. The vocals have always been my biggest reason (Halford and Ripper).

I do think that Led Zeppelin is mostly awful.

Agreed. I like a couple songs, though.