Controversial opinions on metal

I gave my opinion earlier on of what `heavy metal` is. I still havent seen anyone post what their definition of heavy metal is, because I would be interested to hear it.

I gave my opinion earlier on of what `heavy metal` is. I still havent seen anyone post what their definition of heavy metal is, because I would be interested to hear it.

I did. Traditionally, heavy metal is music that is derived from Black Sabbath and some Judas Priest. It may not be the definition you want, but it is a functional definition.

That looks like the one, I have that interview here in a collection somewhere, it shows I was telling the truth.

No it shows that your claim that we wouldn't be able to find your old interview example on the internet was bullshit.

Now go find proof that members of Black Sabbath (besides Ozzy) said they weren't heavy metal, which you claimed they did and then avoided proving it with the Rainbow example that I just found for you.

Go do that.

Reactions: Baroque
It's also from the Locrian mode which existed before Classical music as a genre, millenia before a "blues scale"

Well you know, and Id like to add to that, that its likely to be Eblues than Locrian mode, because Id say that Iommi wouldnt know what the Locrian mode is! In that respect sir, you are a better musician than Mr Iommi.

No it shows that your claim that we wouldn't be able to find your old interview example on the internet was bullshit.

Now go find proof that members of Black Sabbath (besides Ozzy) said they weren't heavy metal, which you claimed they did and then avoided proving it with the Rainbow example that I just found for you.

Go do that.

Where does it say in that link you posted about the Graham Bonnet thing? Someone a while back couldnt find that online and said I was wrong and a liar, for some reason, he felt it was an arguement we were in and not a discussion.

Well you know, and Id like to add to that, that its likely to be Eblues than Locrian mode, because Id say that Iommi wouldnt know what the Locrian mode is! In that respect sir, you are a better musician than Mr Iommi.

I'd add that you claimed power chords are a part of metal. Black Sabbath always played power chords out of necessity, due to Iommi losing two of his fingertips.

Reactions: CiG

it's also part of the diminished scale, point is, it doesn't matter what scale notes come from, it's how they are used.

I'd add that you claimed power chords are a part of metal. Black Sabbath always played power chords out of necessity, due to Iommi losing two of his fingertips.

Aye he did. Sabbath use power chords, yes they do. I like Iommis blues intro into `Wheels of confusion` the first track on volume 4, I feel that it is vastly overated, the whole song. On a side note from that, I have been to see Ritchie Blackmore play concerts many times over the years and I am always surprised that he barely ever plays barre chords. I think it is because it can ruin your fingers over the years, and it is better to break the chords down and let the bass do the donkey work, so to speak.

it's also part of the diminished scale, point is, it doesn't matter what scale notes come from, it's how they are used.

Agreed, however the blues scales lend a technique that caters for faster play that sounds more fluent and also has strong characteristics and statements. It provides a fluid ability to convey feelings.