Controversial opinions on metal

This is another thing about `heavy metal` or rather some of it, is that I am a pacifist and deplore violence. I disagree with any sort of violence or people being hurt.

Is this what you were talking about?

G0lqRdY.jpg

This is another thing about `heavy metal` or rather some of it, is that I am a pacifist and deplore violence. I disagree with any sort of violence or people being hurt.

I actually think it's significant how I've never heard of any serial killer or mass murderer being into death metal or goregrind. Generally when you hear about a "metal" fan killing people, they were into Marilyn Manson or Judas Priest or something like that.

There's a pretty good movie called Devil's Knot about someone being falsely convicted of a murder for no other real reason than that they were a Slayer fan (based on a true story).

It isnt the one, as the interview was about when Bonnet left, and that Blackmore was ` looking for a singer and not someone who shouts at the top of their voice` .This is an earlier interview.

Boom, found it.

“I knew exactly what I wanted – a blues singer. Someone who sang with some feel, rather than just sing at the top of his voice. Joe fitted in really nicely, he’s got lots of ideas about songs which I didn’t have before.”

http://ritchieblackmoresrainbow.wordpress.com/sounds-july-25-1981/

So, now will you similarly track down the sources of your claims that Iommi, Geezer or Bill Ward rejected the label heavy metal?

Boom, found it.

http://ritchieblackmoresrainbow.wordpress.com/sounds-july-25-1981/

So, now will you similarly track down the sources of your claims that Iommi, Geezer or Bill Ward rejected the label heavy metal?

Yes that is the one! Ashort while back I mentioned Blackmores statement to someone in a discussion and they said he didnt say that ever. I assured him he did, anyway he searched online for it and couldnt find it and branded myself a liar. I gasped like a fish at each fresh outrage. My innocence in relaying a truth during a discussion had been injured. Now I may link him to it, in his eternal shame.
Incidently you said just then that I had wrote about Sabbath members `rejecting the heavy metal ` term. I didnt say that. That is not what I said.

Yes that is the one! Ashort while back I mentioned Blackmores statement to someone in a discussion and they said he didnt say that ever. I assured him he did, anyway he searched online for it and couldnt find it and branded myself a liar. I gasped like a fish at each fresh outrage. My innocence in relaying a truth during a discussion had been injured. Now I may link him to it, in his eternal shame.

It was irrelevant to begin with. But I now expect you to track down proof of your Black Sabbath interview claims. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Baroque
I don't see how Blackmore wanting a blues singer helps any argument you were making here though.

If you're trying to say it's because he implied Dio was a blues singer, who later joined Black Sabbath that's pointless. Unless you also want to call Black Sabbath doo wop like Dio's early years. Dio clearly evolved into a metal singer.

I don't see how Blackmore wanting a blues singer helps any argument you were making here though.

If you're trying to say it's because he implied Dio was a blues singer, who later joined Black Sabbath that's pointless. Unless you also want to call Black Sabbath doo wop like Dio's early years. Dio clearly evolved into a metal singer.

I am tired of repeating why I said about this interview, I shant repeat again, as I said before.

Now you mention about Dio though, I was dismayed that Dio sold out to Metal. I thought he was above that, I mean what he had created with Rainbow and Sabbath, and then he went all commercial with Metal at the time.

It was irrelevant to begin with. But I now expect you to track down proof of your Black Sabbath interview claims. Thanks in advance.

I dont peruse the internet to prove points, they said it in an interview that they felt they were heavy rock rather than metal because of blues base. You can look if you wish.

I dont peruse the internet to prove points, they said it in an interview that they felt they were heavy rock rather than metal because of blues base. You can look if you wish.

Okay so you have no proof. You're therefore wrong. We all already knew this.

He just used the interview as an example of the unreasonableness of demanding he find old interviews that back up his claims when he references them as a part of his claim.

Unfortunately for him I found it and proved him wrong. Pre-internet is no excuse buddy, substantiate your claims.

Reactions: Baroque
He just used the interview as an example of the unreasonableness of demanding he find old interviews that back up his claims when he references them as a part of his claim.

Unfortunately for him I found it and proved him wrong. Pre-internet is no excuse buddy, substantiate your claims.

You havent proved me wrong on anything. You have proved wrong the person whom said that I was lying when Blackmore said it, you proved me correct that Blackmore said that, when a person whom I mentioned it to said that Blackmore never said that . reason given by him - because he couldnt find the interview item online.