Controversial opinions on metal

I think that the best album that Ozzy has been involved with is `blizard of oz`. I know Daisley wrote the lyrics and Rhoads the music but Ozzy sang the vocals and they are a perfect match, his singing on `revelation` and every track is just perfect, it is a real credit to him and them all. A timeless classic. One of the best rock albums EVER. I say this as it is a paradox that it isnt a Sabbath album!

You took this beyond subjectivity the moment you started citing sources that agree with you. You made this into an objective discussion.

I happen to think Manilla Road are the greatest metal band of all time, that's subjective and no matter how much disagreement I generate, as long as I maintain that it's merely my opinion, it remains subjective.

But the moment I cite [insert musician here] as back up and then start citing opinion polls, sales, etc. I open myself up to being eviscerated with objectivity.

I have no problem with genres like that either, if it seemed like I was putting them down it wasn't intentional. As I've gotten older, angry music has lost a lot of it's appeal for me, but certain times all I want is Land Speed Record or Scum.

I didn't mean to suggest you were but I felt a need to throw my opinion on it out there. Only recently have I regained my interest in angry or brutal music. For a while it was predominantly avant garde prog.

Reactions: CiG
Also since Manilla road has been brought up is the consensus here that Crystal logic is the bands opus or that it overshadows better material by the band?

Crystal Logic definitely seems to be the fan favourite. Metal is my favourite though these days.

I've only listened to Crystal Logic all the way through but I've been meaning to go back and check them out again. It used to be one of my favorite albums and I always thought the vocals were awesome as fuck despite what many others said.

I've got a huge stack of Manilla Road albums but my focus is always on Crystal Logic and Invasion.
I need to pick up Dreams of Eschaton soon.

I recorded this nearly 10 years ago now. Dark times...

http://pustule.bandcamp.com/

I guess your logo skills have been improving since then at least.

a3871291233_16.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Manilla Road do have some really awesome albums, but the production on some of them and the vocals put me off from really getting into them the way I'd like to. They do write outstanding riffs, though. The only heavy metal band that beats them on that front is Mercyful Fate.