Controversial opinions on metal

You know, that's a tough choice for me. XI was pretty strong for a reunion album (in terms of a classic vocalist coming back). It was a grower and Signal Path is one of the best MC cuts ever.

To be fair I'm probably biased since I'm a much bigger Metal Church fan even though Megadeth is easily my favorite of the Big four not that that's saying much coming from me. IX really feels like it could've been put out right after Blessing in disguise. It's almost as if they could've replaced The Human Factor with IX and it would've worked.

To be fair I'm probably biased since I'm a much bigger Metal Church fan even though Megadeth is easily my favorite of the Big four not that that's saying much coming from me. IX really feels like it could've been put out right after Blessing in disguise. It's almost as if they could've replaced The Human Factor with IX and it would've worked.

True but I like The Human Factor. I like the Howe material more than the David Wayne material..

True but I like The Human Factor. I like the Howe material more than the David Wayne material..

I wasn't saying The Human factor shouldn't exists though I'd say it's my least favorite Howe album. I'd also agree as a whole Metal Church withHowe is better and I probably lean toward shows as a better vocalist but I might go with the debut as my fav album by them. It's a tough choice for me between that and Blessing in disguise.

I haven't herd XI yet, but if it's anything like Generation Nothing than it's probably nowhere near as good as Dystopia.

Howe is back and as we've discussed sounds like an album you would've expected the band to release back in their prime. And no Howe's vocals have not weakened like David's did on his return.

Sales don't mean shit when it comes to quality though. I know you weren't suggesting that but just throwing it out there. I find critical acclaim more interesting than sales.

Of course, im more of a fan of the underground scene anyways. It's just that Metallica will probably chart at #1 regardless of how good the album will be. It will undoubtedly sell more than Dystopia and probably wont be half as good, and Dave will be fuming up a storm while trying to act composed.

And nice avatar btw. Joe is the shit.

Of course, im more of a fan of the underground scene anyways. It's just that Metallica will probably chart at #1 regardless of how good the album will be. It will undoubtedly sell more than Dystopia and probably wont be half as good, and Dave will be fuming up a storm while trying to act composed.

And nice avatar btw. Joe is the shit.

I agree and its something that really gets on my tits. When the new Metallica album comes out there will certainly be plenty of talk about it just because it's Metallica while their are plenty of other oldschool Thrash bands having much better comebacks in fact if I recall Overkill has been doing really good lately.

I just think it's funny how Metallica are by far the most popular Thrash act and many will argue they are the greatest metal band ever yet I'm not just saying this because I'm not a fan in the first place but they seem to be having the most trouble as far as making a decent comeback.

Oh and thanks love yours too! I do prefer Slowly we rot but Cause of death is also a top tier death metal album imo and has one of the coolest album covers ever!

Reactions: EternalMetal