Controversial opinions on metal

Good. That's your opinion. Based on what you're saying, you should be able to understand why other people don't agree with you in a way that doesn't involve invalid parallels with Black Sabbath albums.

Good. That's your opinion. Based on what you're saying, you should be able to understand why other people don't agree with you in a way that doesn't involve invalid parallels with Black Sabbath albums.

I just don't see why you got offensive. I just meant that a lot of their songs seem to get labled because they aren't to the taste of everyone like Revolution 9 is a great work of musique concrete however most people don't like musique concrete or even know its a thing so that track is often referred to as a 9 minute filler.

I just don't see why you got offensive. I just meant that a lot of their songs seem to get labled because they aren't to the taste of everyone like Revolution 9 is a great work of musique concrete however most people don't like musique concrete or even know its a thing so that track is often referred to as a 9 minute filler.

That's one of the more interesting concepts that they pursued, but it's a fairly amateurish attempt at that type of thing. They halfheartedly explored a lot of ideas. That's another one of the issues that seems apparent throughout their discography.

You're pretty reactionary yourself.

Yes, and so are you. But i dont own a high horse(and neither do you AFAIK). Big difference there pal.

get_off_your_high_horse_by_alphonus-d32kb2z.jpg

Last edited:
It wasnt meant for you. i had edited the post to make that clear. And you're not reactionary? :lol: you're one of the most reactionary people here, something that you even admitted to months back(do i have to go looking through old posts again?). And trust me, my memory is sharp as fuck. Whats starting to annoy me is that recently you keep going back on your words and statement's from the past, almost on a regular day basis. But yea whatever, dont feel like starting an argument with you.

Reactions: Internally Deformed
Feel free to go digging. I bet you're wrong, like you were about the 1988 thing.

:D

This is exactly what I mean by you being reactionary. Someone says something and your reaction is not proportionate, it's like you have emotional sunburn.

A bit confused by your definition of what filler is. Obviously the band liked the song, or they wouldn't have made it both the second track on the album and the title track.
Technically they weren't originally gonna make it the title track. They were going to name the album "War Pigs" but they were urged not to/forbidden from doing so... or something. I'm drunk.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Found it.

I don't give a shit about most of that. Good call on Dimension Hatross though.

I don't think I had even seen your comment yet (if someone comments around the same time as me, I have to refresh to even see it), it was a reply to HBB which is made obvious by my mention of Dimension Hatross which you didn't list, so if it was a response to your comment why would I bring it up?

So there, one of your flip-flop accusations debunked, what was the other one? That I called myself reactionary?

Edit: I assume this is what you were referencing?

lol @ you calling others reactionary
Either I'm not reactionary and you're just being salty or I am and therefore can see it in others.

Clearly I wasn't calling myself reactionary, I was calling you salty.

Second claim debunked.

Last edited:
And you're not reactionary? :lol: you're one of the most reactionary people here, something that you even admitted to months back(do i have to go looking through old posts again?).

Gna have to back up TB here Cassette, you do seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time here in a strop about something. Not that I'm judging - you're just, uh, a very passionate defender of your opinions.

Cannot get into Voivod at all. I've listened to the classic albums multiple times and just can't. The only ones I can listen to with any frequency are the first album and Katorz but those are barely spun anyway

That Coldplay thing is funny. l played in a alt rock band in the late 90's in London. l was this bands barman and they knew l played geetar so asked me if i'd fill in on a 3 week tour of Engand with them after their geetarist bailed. It was fun so l joined the band. We played heaps in Camden etc and after a few months were offered a tour with this unknown band called Coldplpay and another band. So we toured in four vans for 4 weeks around England with Coldplay before they broke with Parachutes. l didnt particularly like their music then and still dont now but they were a good crew - we mostly got very drunk and very high each night - l dont remember a great deal but what memories l have l'll never forget. And through that tour we were offered a record deal with XL but stupidly turned it down (it wasn't my band) after they wanted us all to dress the same! l left the band shortly after.

Reactions: Satanstoenail