Controversial opinions on metal

How does A Touch of Evil have very basic composition? Of their ballads I'd say it's one of their most elaborate.

But fuck anyone hating on Children of the Damned too. It's not exactly a ballad anyways, and the vocal performance is ungodly. One of Maiden's very best songs, probably my second favorite on the album behind 22 Acacia Avenue.

But fuck anyone hating on Children of the Damned too. It's not exactly a ballad anyways, and the vocal performance is ungodly. One of Maiden's very best songs, probably my second favorite on the album behind 22 Acacia Avenue.

Its dull and does nothing for me. It's not impressive in any way but it's still better than Gangland.

Well obviously, the production affects my enjoyment. Derp.
Obviously and when I listen to Painkiller I see no issue with the production so yeah.

Obviously and when I listen to Painkiller I see no issue with the production so yeah.

eZgm_f-maxage-0.gif

I knew you heard the song before that was a manner of speech but while you and I'm sure many others would feel the need to shit on A touch of evil for being bland and uninspired I bet you guys love Children of the damnedeven though it's easily a much more bland and uninspired metal ballad.

I think it's a pretty good song but it's on my least favorite Iron Maiden album out of the first five. You should stick to relevant responses instead of throwing out random irrelevant accusations.

I think it's a pretty good song but it's on my least favorite Iron Maiden album out of the first five. You should stick to relevant responses instead of throwing out random irrelevant accusations.

I don't know what else to say other than I disagree with every thing you said about A touch of evil. :confused:

Also I posted my top 10 (or 11) favorite thrash bands but nobody mentioned it or made a big deal about it. Kinda surprised tbh. I thought it would piss people off more than me liking Painkiller.

Also I posted my top 10 (or 11) favorite thrash bands but nobody mentioned it or made a big deal about it. Kinda surprised tbh. I thought it would piss people off more than me liking Painkiller.

That you like Painkiller didn't piss anybody off, I like Painkiller, I just don't agree that it's the single greatest album in metal music from 1990.

Let me go back and check that list. ;)
Honestly though, I love thrash but I'm hardly a HamburgerBoy on the genre.

Mekong Delta is fucking awesome, props on a high inclusion there.
It really does bother me that they don't have more of a following among metal heads or prog fans.

That you like Painkiller didn't piss anybody off, I like Painkiller, I just don't agree that it's the single greatest album in metal music from 1990.

Let me go back and check that list. ;)
Honestly though, I love thrash but I'm hardly a HamburgerBoy on the genre.
That's fine but what bothered me was how you acted like it was a ridiculous choice and while I tend to be alone in a lot of my opinions I think a lot of folk would agree with me on this one.

That's fine but what bothered me was how you acted like it was a ridiculous choice and while I tend to be alone in a lot of my opinions I think a lot of folk would agree with me on this one.

Sorry if I hurted your fee fees.

10. Sodom or destruction
9. Deathrow
8. Coroner
7. Overkill
6. Kreator
5. Mekong delta
4. Turbo (pol)
3. Doom (jp)
2. Metal church
1. Voivod

Cool list, except that my favourite music by Voivod isn't their thrash stuff.
Never heard of Doom though but the art for Incompetent... is really awesome.

The Principle of Doubt is a hundred times the early tech-metal visionary that Piece of Time is. If people actually listened to it that wouldn't be a controversial thing to say.

Sorry if I hurted your fee fees.

Cool list, except that my favourite music by Voivod isn't their thrash stuff.
Never heard of Doom though but the art for Incompetent... is really awesome.

I agree with you on Voivod so I hesitated at the idea of including them but a bit ago I got into the To the death demo which is a thrash masterpiece imo. Plus I like Killing Technology more than most thrash albums and Deminsional hatross as well if you count that as thrash.

The Principle of Doubt is a hundred times the early tech-metal visionary that Piece of Time is. If people actually listened to it that wouldn't be a controversial thing to say.

That's probably my favorite album by them. They were actually pretty consistent by thrash standards imo.

Mekong Delta has been on my radar for years. I should probably buy some of their stuff soon. Is this a good starting point?

I agree with you on Voivod so I hesitated at the idea of including them but a bit ago I got into the To the death demo which is a thrash masterpiece imo. Plus I like Killing Technology more than most thrash albums and Deminsional hatross as well if you count that as thrash.

Dimension Hatröss I don't think I would count as thrash but maybe I'm wrong, but you're absolutely right about the demo and Killing Technology especially. That's an amazing thrash metal record. I also love their first two.