Controversial opinions on metal

W12FAti.jpg

Reactions: The Butt
So is Some kind of monster a good movie for someone who wants to laugh at metallica.

Definitely. SKOM is so fucking embarrassing, even though I dont even like Metallica I pity them for releasing it to the public. I love the part where Lars bitches and moans about having to replicate a drum pattern he made up when writing St Anger. I went from hating him to disrespecting him almost immediately. The whole thing was so bad that I never expect any good music from them again.

Definitely. SKOM is so fucking embarrassing, even though I dont even like Metallica I pity them for releasing it to the public. I love the part where Lars bitches and moans about having to replicate a drum pattern he made up when writing St Anger. I went from hating him to disrespecting him almost immediately. The whole thing was so bad that I never expect any good music from them again.

I watched about 30 minutes and they were pretty cringey except Kirk. Might go ahead and watch the rest in a bit.

I actually went back and tried listening to Death magnetic but it was too shit.

What's the opinion here on Megadeth - So Far, So Good... So What!

Death Magnetic: one of the most limp-wristed "return to form" albums I've ever heard.

I like most of Megadeth's discography up to Countdown for Extinction, really.

It's generally regarded as the weakest of the first 4 Megadeth albums but still good. I haven't listened to it years so I couldn't say if I agree with that or not.

What did you think of Hell Awaits after you finished listening to it yesterday?

It's generally regarded as the weakest of the first 4 Megadeth albums but still good. I haven't listened to it years so I couldn't say if I agree with that or not.

What did you think of Hell Awaits after you finished listening to it yesterday?

Very solid album. Not one of my favorites but I can see why many would hold it in the highest regards. I might like it better than Show no mercy I'll actually have to go back and compare the two.

Nobody else can see you the same way as myself
Fly high and touch the sky, you're the angel I adore
If only you could feel for me that I feel for you
Why do you ignore me, angel, why can't I go with you

King Diamond has more good albums, and Andy LaRocque is an incredible guitarist, but nothing beats the first two MF albums. Also the lyrics/atmosphere on King Diamond releases can be a little faggy sometimes. I don't want to listen to songs about tea, grandmothers, or little girls called Madeline, I just do because the music happens to be awesome.

Reactions: CiG