Controversial opinions on metal

Basically isn't that what NWOBHM is?

Yes. That doesn't mean that there is no merit to specifically discussing a historically significant period of heavy metal, which is what people are doing.

If you don't want to post in the NWOBHM thread, their discussion has absolutely no impact on you so you shouldn't be worrying about it so much.

Yes. That doesn't mean that there is no merit to specifically discussing a historically significant period of heavy metal, which is what people are doing.

If you don't want to post in the NWOBHM thread, their discussion has absolutely no impact on you so you shouldn't be worrying about it so much.

You guys are making a bigger deal out of what I said than was meant. I just sort of said an opinion I don't give a damn what threads you guys make.

It's the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, not the New Wave of International Drum Circle Trad Metal Circle Jerk. It's kind of a flagrant and solid distinction.

Not true. This movement was specific to, and originated in Britain as a resuscitation of metal after Sabbath began to falter, or at least seemingly so. It's a description of the group of British trad and speed metal bands the cropped up in the late 70's and early 80's to cover the rear for the old guard.

So it's not something specific to thrash but instead applies to basically all metal bands? Making an exception for some of the most important trad bands, I would then agree.

Kreator's Bay Area material is shite, their Gothenburg period is incredibly bland, their Teutonic thrash is sometimes great but often overrated, and their Neue Deutsche Härte material is underrated.

Reactions: CiG