Controversial opinions on metal

Is it controversial to think that we should talk about metal in this thread sometimes?
Wtf is wrong with you? Thats not controversial. Thats just stupid as fuck. That dont make a damn lick of sense. Why the fuck would we do that? I doubt anyone here even likes metal that much. Its a mostly shitty genre anyway. Why are you even here if you like that shit? Bloody fuck off!

Is controversy controversial? Controversial question I know.

2a6031c9d53d48fda501d84bac7089ff

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
Would it be controversial to say that Judas Priest is heavier or more brutal than Metallica despite also being more commercial?

I don't really see how that's true.

Probably shouldve worded that better. I know you dont like it but I think Painkiller was more brutal than anything by Metallica. I also think some select song from their 80s albums like the title tracks for Screaming for vengence and Ram it down were pretty insane. I dunno not saying its true just something I thought about.

I also think Metallica is a much more commercial band if you take the full outputs of both bands into consideration.

True 90s Metallica was more commercial than Judas Priest ever got.

How about this. Fast as a shark by Accept is a thrash song and also its more of a thrash song than anything on Kill em all. More brutal and fierce as well.

I don't know about that, but I do think the lines between speed and thrash metal of the early 80s are often extremely arbitrary and seem to reflect differences in vocal style and production more than anything.

EDIT: Death metal too for that matter (e.g. the early Mantas/Death demos or the 1984 Possessed demo).

I don't know about that, but I do think the lines between speed and thrash metal of the early 80s are often extremely arbitrary and seem to reflect differences in vocal style and production more than anything.

EDIT: Death metal too for that matter (e.g. the early Mantas/Death demos or the 1984 Possessed demo).

That is true. Thats why i hate when people make genres out to be more than titles.

Agreed. At least Diabolus in Musica has a few new ideas, even if some of those involve rapping and nu metal hints.

l have heard l think, 2 or 3 'new' Slayer songs in the last 16 years. Slayer were a massive band for me. But what l heard was tired repetitive ennui. l have shunned Slayer for fear of disappointment and will more than likely continue to do so. l love Slayer up to Seasons, which l consider a good record.
But if someone thinks lm an ass and really should listen to...... ? What first?

l have heard l think, 2 or 3 'new' Slayer songs in the last 16 years. Slayer were a massive band for me. But what l heard was tired repetitive ennui. l have shunned Slayer for fear of disappointment and will more than likely continue to do so. l love Slayer up to Seasons, which l consider a good record.
But if someone thinks lm an ass and really should listen to...... ? What first?

Christ Illusion surprised me. Seasons is my favorite Slayer record but there's some nostalgia behind it.