Controversial opinions on metal

I was haha. I thought that was obvious.

I probably don't hate it as much as most people here, though.

It did seem obvious but ive seen people expsess similarly controversial opionions in what seemed like a joking manner only to find they were quite serious, so im never too sure.

That's the least of my gripes. For one, they showed them Hardwired, and not Ride The Lightning or anything representative of Metallica's best. Then, that one dork confused them for The Rolling Stones and being hard rock.
Well yeah i meant the video was disturbing i just pointed out what was going on in the comment section because it was relevant to the discussion at hand. Lol at the kid who who thought James was screaming.

They were extremely popular back when I was in high school at age 13-15. So much so that one year they put on a rock and metal disco as well as the usual one. I went and they played lots of Slipknot and Cradle of Filth.

I'm pretty sure Iowa also hit number 1 on the UK albums chart when it was released.

Fucking troll.

How about this then? System of a Down's self titled album is top tier. Probably the only thing great that ever came out of nu metal.

Haha @ that kids reacting to Metallica bit. That one kid hating on them was such a fucking pussy. And that girl headbanging was hilarious. Future metalhead without a doubt.

That People = Shit song actually sounds pretty good to me. Ever since I discovered that Slipknot's most popular song is built off of my favorite Anacrusis riff (who are my favorite thrash band) I've been a lot more curious about them.

Well yeah i meant the video was disturbing i just pointed out what was going on in the comment section because it was relevant to the discussion at hand. Lol at the kid who who thought James was screaming.
"This music screaming!" I'm thinking, motherfucker, you want screaming?

System of a Down were another really popular band in high school. I never liked them. I had a friend that was obsessed with the song "BYOB", God that song is fucking annoying. They also ripped off the "I Am the Black Wizards" riff in one of their songs and claim to be huge black metal fans.

@HamburgerBoy What is considered their most popular song?

@HamburgerBoy What is considered their most popular song?

I thought it was Duality, although Psychosocial has slightly more views on YouTube and I know I've heard that title a lot as well. I haven't even listened to the latter tbh, at least not intentionally. I think I'll listen to one of their albums tonight.

I thought it was Duality, although Psychosocial has slightly more views on YouTube and I know I've heard that title a lot as well. I haven't even listened to the latter tbh, at least not intentionally. I think I'll listen to one of their albums tonight.

It was either Duality or Wait and Bleed(I think it was on VH1s top 40 greatest metal songs).

I had friends who were heavy into the band but i never got interested. This might be controversial but I hated Metalcore more than Nu Metal growing up.

^^ lol

System of a Down were another really popular band in high school. I never liked them. I had a friend that was obsessed with the song "BYOB", God that song is fucking annoying. They also ripped off the "I am the Black Wizards" riff in one of their songs and claim to be huge black metal fans.

Shame your friend liked them when they already sucked. I hate that song too. Honestly, their first album had a lot of bad songs on it, but between it and Toxicity, there are a few pretty cool tracks. It is a bit orderly, but at best they portray a schizophrenic kind of feel not present in many other bands ive heard.

I can still get into this song:

It was either Duality or Wait and Bleed(I think it was on VH1s top 40 greatest metal songs).

I had friends who were heavy into the band but i never got interested. This might be controversial but I hated Metalcore more than Nu Metal growing up.

I thought it'd be Left Behind tbh. When that video first came out it was on every 5 minutes on Kerrang and shit.

I agree. I find most metalcore to be more obnoxious and annoying than most nu metal.