Controversial opinions on metal

I thought it'd be Left Behind tbh. When that video first came out it was on every 5 minutes on Kerrang and shit.

I agree. I find most metalcore to be more obnoxious and annoying than most nu metal.

Well I recall Duality and Wait and bleed being the ones people brought up most when i was a teen. Not sure if thats still true though. I dont think i ever heard of Left Behind or at least dont remember it.

Better marketing/more loyal fanboys. No one wears Priest shirts in public, Maiden shirts are everywhere. Maiden gets by on the whole "Radio always worked against us, never had a hit single, self-made" reputation. All thanks to Rod Smallwood.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Mostly it is because they are better though.
Not even close imo but seriously its a bit weird considering Judas Priest is considered more influential and actually have hits became radio staples. With that taken into consideration Judas Priest seems to be the better recieved band at the very least both bands seem to have even status in the metal world yet Iron Maiden has twice the sells.

Better marketing/more loyal fanboys. No one wears Priest shirts in public, Maiden shirts are everywhere. Maiden gets by on the whole "Radio always worked against us, never had a hit single, self-made" reputation. All thanks to Rod Smallwood.

You know even in school ive noticed ive never seen someone wear a Judas Priest shirt yet Iron Maiden shirts were quite common. In school and public that is. Dont think i even saw Judas Priest shirts in stores. I did however once see a Helloween Dr Stein accessory tag.

I wear all of my Maiden and Priest shirts in public regularly, and I've seen Priest shirts, though admittedly not as commonly as Maiden tees.

When you're looking from that perspective, yeah, it's accurate to say Maiden have more consistent albums. I'm curious if anyone takes Priest's debut over Maiden's.