Controversial opinions on metal

Well I don't understand why you have Deafheaven and Prometheus on your top 100 black metal list while having no Greek black metal.

Different tastes. Old Wainds had a great description of why Thousand Swords is so good. It was something like "the most sophisticated integration of folk into metal". And it's just really unqiue and well executed.

Reactions: CiG
Well I don't understand why you have Deafheaven and Prometheus on your top 100 black metal list and you have no Greek black metal.

Different tastes. Old Wainds had a great description of why Thousand Swords is so good. It was something like "the most sophisticated integration of folk into metal".

Non Serviam is on there and His Majesty at the Swamp and Thy Mighty Contract just missed the mark.

As for the integration of folk into metal, I would agree if we were talking about Following the Voice of Blood, which exhibits far better writing and production.

Oh sorry, I missed that you had included Non Serviam. Great album. What about Necromantia, Zemial, Nocternity, Kawir, Legion of Doom, Macabre Omen etc?

I really like FtVoB as well, I just think TS is even better.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I'm not sure if he's said "black metal" because Deafheaven isn't really even black metal and he's comparing them to other similar stuff. Or he's just ragging on black metal as usual.