Controversial opinions on metal

I agree with you on this point. This forum even used to have a thread called "What Neurosis album you like the most" or sth like that and I wasn't even a fan that time.

Some people don't deserve to even hold a copy of Through Silver in Blood, let alone try and cast opinion on it.

I'm going to humor your post by sinking to your level of post-metal neck bearded irony by letting you know that I have no interest in holding a copy of post-metal/sludge faggotry. Furthermore, I'll gladly cast opinions on music as I please, but only music I actually deem worthy of spending my time listening to, thanks.

Last edited:
I'm going to humor your post by sinking to your level of post-metal neck bearded irony by letting you know that I have no interest in holding a copy of post-metal/sludge faggotry. Furthermore, I'll gladly cast opinions on music as I please, but only music I actually deem worthy of spending my time listening to, thanks.

I'm glad to hear it. It's better if we all stick to what we're capable of grasping and if throwing out middle school insults helps you stay in your place, cheers!

My controversial opinion: The entire genre of sludge metal means nothing to me. I'd rather go to Best Buy and mic up a few dozen dishwashers and burn that to a CD and listen to it. Neurosis is a terrible band for bland people.

P.S., Beherit is almost just as boring.

I usually avoid the "if you dont get, youre not worthy" arguments, as they solve nothing.

But calling Neurosis "boring" is simply incorrect. Boring is shit like 12th wave black metal that everyone circle jerks to.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
One I've always had about Hail to England: Each Dawn I Die would have made for a better introductory track than Blood of My Enemies.

Blood of My Enemies is simply a superior track to Each Dawn I Die.
I just think that menacing riff in Each Dawn I Die makes it a better opener. Blood of My Enemies would probably still be the second track or something because it still kicks ass.

My controversial opinion: The entire genre of sludge metal means nothing to me. I'd rather go to Best Buy and mic up a few dozen dishwashers and burn that to a CD and listen to it. Neurosis is a terrible band for bland people.

P.S., Beherit is almost just as boring.

+ fucking 1. Sludge metal is honestly awful, and "boring" is the correct adjective to describe it. I listen to metal because it gives me fucking energy....I'm not looking to be put to sleep.