Controversial opinions on metal

Have some more then

We are clearly speaking two entirely different languages cause I tried to enjoy those, really I did, but I would rather impregnate my mother and raise the web-toed spawn of our union than listen to more of that.

I think I might like this forum. Memes and tongue-in-cheek insults as a response to nonsense is a thing I support.

get-out-gif-222.gif

When it comes to death metal, I like the really dark, atmospheric stuff along the lines of Dead Congregation, The Chasm, or Demigod.

When it comes to death metal, I like the really dark, atmospheric stuff along the lines of Dead Congregation, The Chasm, or Demigod.
I need to listen to more of The Chasm, but fuck the fuck yeah on Dead Congregation and especially Demigod.

I like it all. Even the shit that gets panned here like Six Feet Under and Jungle Rot.

You ain't trve till you dig Bring Me the Horizon's debut EP.

Is there a list anywhere defining different sub-styles of death metal, e.g. not just by sub-genre but contrasting the mid-tempo chunky Death/Massacre/Morgoth/etc sound with the hardcore-tinged old-school Swedish sound with the labyrinthine early Deicide approach and so on? This discussion has inspired me to create an autistic ranking of them. I figure there's probably at least 30 or so categories that 99% of death metal bands (or at least particular albums) could be pigeonholed into.