Controversial opinions on metal

I'd call it an album released a year after Kill Em All had already been written and played live. It has its hardcore moments, as did the previous one to a lesser extent, but that wasn't really what defined them.

Reactions: CiG
i dunno, have no clue what earth ad is as i told you i dont really listen to them, although i do have a few of their albums in my old disc collection, i think one is their debut. They always seemed ... i dunno, too "popish"? pop-punk? Like i said i don't listen to much of it so what would i know. But when i hear hardcore, i think of Black Flag, Dead Kennedys etc .. not misfits

It's like a combination of hardcore punk and pop punk or something. To me, Misfits instrumentally are arguably hardcore but with the combination of Danzig's style of singing etc it's hard to compare them to straight up and down hardcore bands, especially once the genre got heavier and Misfits didn't really.

Samhain was the best of Danzig's 3 bands anyway in my opinion.

Haven't listened to that much Samhain, but I've got a serious hard on for Danzig's first three solo records, especially How the Gods Kill.

Reactions: CiG
Riffs are not as important to metal as HBB claims. I find the whole "only riffs, riffs only, my life in metal form" mindset to be utterly and unequivocally an superficial, one-dimensional, and shallow way of analyzing metal, and I look down upon anyone who thinks this way.

Quite a bit of what is generally considered top-tier metal is quite riffless.

Quite a bit of what is generally considered top-tier metal is quite riffless.

Nwc0eqe.jpg

Exactly....and even saying black metal is 'top tier' is a stretch anyway.
Why? Just because you don't like a lot of it? Shitty opinions. HLTO in particular is better than everything you listen to. Put together.

I know you think you're being super clever and such a troll, but you're literally a joke dude. :lol:

Last edited:
Classic Burzum actually has some riffs anyways. The Butt is someone that thinks bedroom DSBM is classic though.

Classic Burzum actually has some riffs anyways. The Butt is someone that thinks bedroom DSBM is classic though.
If by "some riffs" you mean Burzum had "some" of the best riffs of all-time, and a shitload of other riffs of varying degrees of awesomeness, then you would be correct.

Varg had some of the most influential/innovative ideas of 90s metal, but individually there aren't that many great riffs. Most of them are on the S/T.