Controversial opinions on metal

Why? Just because you don't like a lot of it?

I like 99% of the black metal I've heard. If I listened to as much black metal as most of the other black metal nuts here, my taste would most likely mimic everyone else's. I'm not deluded enough to say that black metal is the pinnacle of 'high art' or 'high music' though.

We all know Living Colour is the best black metal band anyway

I know you think you're being super clever and such a troll, but you're literally a joke dude.

If you know I'm being a troll, why do you take the bait? You are the joke.

Last edited:
Varg had some of the most influential/innovative ideas of 90s metal, but individually there aren't that many great riffs. Most of them are on the S/T.
Horse hockey. "Jesus Tod", "Det Som Engang Var", and "Lost Wisdom" have brilliant riffs, and those are just off the top of my head.

Due to the current black metal conversation in the What Makes a Bad Metal Band thread, Ulver's Bergtatt is way overrated and Nattens Madrigal is far superior. Like, seriously, Bergtatt is decent black metal and decent folk thrown together that really works only occasionally, whereas Nattens Madrigal is a glorious hatefuck.

If I have a brother in dad jokes (an uncle?) then that's what's up.

Just out of curiousity why am I an alt?

Your views out of the gate mimicked several people here and your sense of humor isn't something you would show 3 posts in either. You're an alt of someone who is here and is wanting to see how people react to you. If I still were a mod, I could cross check IPs to confirm.

Your views out of the gate mimicked several people here and your sense of humor isn't something you would show 3 posts in either. You're an alt of someone who is here and is wanting to see how people react to you. If I still were a mod, I could cross check IPs to confirm.
I'm a goofy attention whore who knows his way around an internet forum and isn't shy. That's pretty much all there is to me.

Man, that must be one jacked up family tree if we're brothers, being that I'm nearly twice your age. How do Ma and Pa explain that one?

Man, that must be one jacked up family tree if we're brothers, being that I'm nearly twice your age. How do Ma and Pa explain that one?
I reckon you dug up your mother, harvested her eggs, implanted them into your 16-year-old daughter, Bobby Joe, and then 9 months later...

I'm no geneticist, but, no, it doesn't. This isn't Young Frankenstein.
But if it's your mother's egg then biologically we'd be brothers. Bam. I don't know what that makes me to my mother/sister who bore me, but that's a matter for Jerry Springer.