Controversial opinions on metal

Anybody with taste would know that however trashy Trivium might be, Yngwie Malmsteen is a dumpster fire. Listening to an Yngwie song is pretty much free Ambien.

Yeah, no, I've given Yngwie enough chances, thought, "Hey, that's kinda neat," checked out halfway through the first song, and then punched myself in the face. Go listen to some actual classical music or something, cause Yngwie is just self-indulgent guitar nerd nonsense.

Go listen to some actual classical music or something, cause Yngwie is just self-indulgent guitar nerd nonsense.
Guess what? That man's "nerdy", "self-indulgent" way of playing is what innovated a style and provided a standard for practice, precision, discipline and passion that elevated him to the levels of those such as Richie Blackmore, Jimi Hendrix and Ulrich Roth.

How boring of him. :bah:

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Guess what? That man's "nerdy", "self-indulgent" way of playing is what innovated a style and provided a standard for practice, precision, discipline and passion that elevated him to the levels of those such as Richie Blackmore, Jimi Hendrix and Ulrich Roth.

How boring of him. :bah:
Oh wow, he could go widdly diddly do real nice. He still makes boring music. Yngwie Malmsteen is like the world's greatest farmer who doesn't know how to cook. Sure the carrots look fantastic, but goddamn do they taste awful.

raw

That's walking back dummy. Going from hating something as much as you did to "maybe I'll give it another try" is walking an opinion back.

I'm glad you did by the way.

yeah, nothing wrong with admitting it either. It's not like we all didn't go through it at one point. I listen to a bunch of bands that i disliked in my younger days. That's just how things go.

Reactions: CiG
That's walking back dummy. Going from hating something as much as you did to "maybe I'll give it another try" is walking an opinion back.

I'm glad you did by the way.
No, somebody told me about something he did that sounded unexpectedly cool, and so I declared a temporary moratorium on hating him until I could hear it for myself. In theory I still hate him.

What are you implying here? That he is only a technician and has no sense of songwriting, emotion or melody? The albums I mentioned disprove that a hundred times over.
Really? Cause I hear a guitar nerd on a ego trip.