Controversial opinions on metal

I was a skeptic up until a few years ago actually. I knew a guy who was a huge fan and I just assumed I wouldn't like it somehow. Finally I was at some music store and they had a buy 5 get 1 free or some stupid deal, and I picked up Yngwie Malmsteen - Trilogy because I was feeling open minded. Since then I've explored all of the first half of his career, but again, assumed I wouldn't like his later half. Now I won't make that assumption either.
Neat. So, what albums of his have you given a shot? Just so I can tell you which ones to attempt and avoid, cause his stuff certainly becomes patchier the farther you go, with the occasional flaming hot caveat and exception like Perpetual Flame.

Neat. So, what albums of his have you given a shot? Just so I can tell you which ones to attempt and avoid, cause his stuff certainly becomes patchier the farther you go, with the occasional flaming hot caveat and exception like Perpetual Flame.

I've checked out Rising Force through Magnum Opus, and then some of Concerto Suite, Alchemy, and now Perpetual Flame.

I've checked out Rising Force through Magnum Opus, and then some of Concerto Suite, Alchemy, and now Perpetual Flame.
Concerto Suite, Alchemy, and Perpetual Flame are definitely worth it all the way through for me. War To End All Wars, despite the meh production is good, Relentless is like a slightly lesser Perpetual Flame, Spellbound is legitimately atrocious, World on Fire is good if you can get past the fact that it's Yngwie singing and he's just not that great, Attack!! and Unleash The Fury are meh, Angels of Love isn't the most offensive thing. That's just me, though.

Reactions: Baroque
Concerto Suite, Alchemy, and Perpetual Flame are definitely worth it all the way through for me. War To End All Wars, despite the meh production is good, Relentless is like a slightly lesser Perpetual Flame, Spellbound is legitimately atrocious, World on Fire is good if you can get past the fact that it's Yngwie singing and he's just not that great, Attack!! and Unleash The Fury are meh, Angels of Love isn't the most offensive thing. That's just me, though.

I'll check out some of those, then. Is Inspiration or Facing the Animal worth a listen also?

Wait, I thought I put those in there, fuck. Facing The Animal is more than worthwhile, a continuation of his 90's greatness, Inspiration is fine if you don't mind Yngwie-ized cover songs.

Reactions: Baroque
I'm beginning to enjoy this thing on UM wherein a new user comes along and totally embarrasses themselves.

Trivium just rip off Iron Maiden and then add parts that appeal to douchebag metalbros and cutting myself plastic-goth chicks.
That is exactly what they do. I don't have much respect for Trivium, but they have some fun songs and I don't really care about how credible they are. I'd call them a guilty pleasure if I believed in the concept.

I'm beginning to enjoy this thing on UM wherein a new user comes along and totally embarrasses themselves.

Trivium just rip off Iron Maiden and then add parts that appeal to douchebag metalbros and cutting myself plastic-goth chicks.

Exaggeraters gon' exaggerate. If you had said 'rip off Metallica', I would agree with you.

Please show me a song where they rip off Iron Maiden blatantly.

Music should not be "fun".

"No mosh no core no scene no fun".

Infact, movies shoulden't either, nor games, or shirt prints or w/e. Fun sux.