Controversial opinions on metal

You can't really go wrong with the first three records with Phil but I can understand why people wouldn't like anything after that. I like all the albums with Phil. I wish the ones with Terry Glaze would get reissued because I'd like to buy them.

Only Cowboys From Hell and Power Metal are real.

Walk on home, boy

Last edited:
Cowboys from Hell is intermittently good, but too much second-rate thrash. Vulgar Display has better songs and a more realized sound, but the production is too lightweight and Pantera still wasn't quite there soundwise. I don't have much opinion on whether Far Beyond Driven is better than The Great Southern Trendkill, but they're both heavy as fuck and do Pantera the way I want it done.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
You can't really go wrong with the first three records with Phil but I can understand why people wouldn't like anything after that. I like all the albums with Phil. I wish the ones with Terry Glaze would get reissued because I'd like to buy them.

Walk on home, boy

Yeah, it's a shame they won't put out their early albums. They were independently released by the band I believe, which is probably why.

The reason I like The Great Southern Trendkill is probably the last 45 seconds of Floods and also Suicide Note Pt. I.

Second-rate my ass, almost nothing sounded like Cowboys or had that consistency and quality when it came out.