Controversial opinions on metal

I'm not saying it's all meh thrash, but there's still too much of it. The first three songs, "Cemetery Gates" and a few others are totally solid, and there's nothing truly bad on there, but there's still filler and it's usually the more thrashy material.

The album gets a little slow with Clash with Reality/Medicine Man/Message in Blood all in a row, but whatevs. Most bands would be happy to have fillers like those.

Like I said, it's not a bad album by any means, it's just inferior to their next three and too much of a transitional album.

Last edited:
Cowboys from Hell is intermittently good, but too much second-rate thrash.

3rd rate would be more fitting. But a few generic as fuck thrash riffs does not make that album thrash imo. Its honestly pretty forgettable and almost unlistenable outside of a few tracks. Cemetery Gates is good ... Cowboys From Hell, The Sleep and Message in Blood are okay ... the rest of the album sucks hard.

Pantera's fans may be the worst of any metal band.

I can listen to Vulgar and Trendkill in low doses but they really arent for me.

Yeah cemetery gates is pretty much the only song I can still listen to by them.

I do recognize their importance to metal which is why I voted for them in the Hall of Fame. But I had forgotten about their racist bullshit, thanks for reminding me. fuck em.

Primal Concrete Sledge and the title track are all I care for on that album. Haven't listened to it in a long time though.