Controversial opinions on metal

No, I don't need 4th tier Darkthrone knockoffs. It's more a lack of funds than anything because I would rather buy some of this shit than listen to it on Spotify out of order.
Didn't ask you about that, just if you wanted to branch into the more obscure, but still quality outfits in the music.

Electric Wizard are so boring, so of course you think this about doom metal. :lol:

To put it this way, Electic Wizard was something I liked when I used to sniff glue. Black Masses is a great song, though. Stuff like that is only appreciable under the influence of drugs, which is why stoners like it so much.

Conversely, black metal is a genre for the intelligent and the sober, as it's more based in emotion as opposed to "whoa, that sounds cool". Granted, Dunkelheit by Burzum "sounds cool", but it is also heavily atmospheric.

Varg Vikernes drinks non alcoholic beer, but I did see a video of Absurd live, in which Wolf held a horn of mead up...

As far as intelligence goes, Varg Vikernes is certainly very intelligent, and those who say otherwise simply fear his intelligence, for it might bring about views that conflict with yours.

At least I don't record my art over a crappy headset microphone and tell people it's anything other than masturbation.

vyvHAj0.gif

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Which is not doom metal, just regular heavy metal. I like Witchfinder General and Electric Wizard, but every other doom metal band is a rip off of Black Sabbath. Doom metal just lacks originality.

Epicus Doomicus Metallicus was definitely not just a Black Sabbath clone. That's just one of many albums that could be named. The artists that you named in this post have more gratuitous similarities to Black Sabbath than that album.