Controversial opinions on metal

wtf? :lol: no not metal, that's hard rock. from a shitty glam band.

i love how some people today are trying to pass all this garbage form the 80's(especially glam) off as metal, when not a single person referred to shit like that as metal when i was growing up.

i honestly dont care how old he claims he is. I'm just speaking the facts. And the more you guys say otherwise, the more i question whether you guys actually listened to metal growing up.

What im talking about... people referring to shitty glam bands as metal today, when on one considered them to be metal back then is not a new topic either. It's been a heated debate for a while now. You can even catch it in some metal documentaries.

i grew up in Los Angeles, so i dont know what you're talking about. I mean, i listened to rap too but metal and rock came first.

Metal was pretty popular when i was tiny. The more popular bands were getting air time on the radio, headbangers ball, beavis and butthead etc.

i grew up in Los Angeles, so i dont know what you're talking about. I mean, i listened to rap too but metal and rock came first.

Metal was pretty popular when i was tiny. The more popular bands were getting air time on the radio, headbangers ball, beavis and butthead etc.

Jesus Christ, did you grow up in random Latino households or did you live in a house with your white family? Not really sure how this is hard for you to follow.

smh. wow, just wow. Are you that soft in the head?

You said "if you grew up in black or brown communities" ----->>> i'm telling you i grew in in Southern California/Los Angeles(one of the most diverse, multi-ethnic areas in this country). And i also told you metal was popular worldwide when i was growing up, especially LA. Not rocket science brow.

edit: and i have never lived in a "white neighborhood". And my family(household i grew up in) is Armenian, so its not like they grew up listening to metal. My dad likes Sabbath, Purple, Zeppelin, Cooper and a few other bands. But he also likes ABBA :lol: .... one of his late buddies was a huge metalhead, and so are a few of my cousins ... but most of them actually listen to rap.

Last edited: