Controversial opinions on metal

Twilight of the Gods and Blood on Ice are superior to Hammerheart. I'm listening to "Man of Iron" right now. Such a beautiful song.

The chord progressions in Orchid sound much more classical to me, doesn't sound much like the above song other than both being based on the same very basic rhythm. If a brief acoustic classical doodle qualifies, then let's just call all of progressive rock metal.
You really like false sequiturs, don't you? They're interestingly similar in rhythm and phrasing is all, and it's important to note that one of Tony Iommi's heroes is none other than Django Reinhardt.

The rhythm isn't remotely jazz and being influenced by a guy that plays jazz doesn't mean you've added jazz elements to your sound though, so who cares?

The rhythm isn't remotely jazz and being influenced by a guy that plays jazz doesn't mean you've added jazz elements to your sound though, so who cares?
You even said it yourself that they share the same basic rhythm, but alright. Fair enough on the second part, but listening to some of his acoustic work, I find it difficult to believe he wasn't at least marginally influenced by Django.

You even said it yourself that they share the same basic rhythm, but alright. Fair enough on the second part, but listening to some of his acoustic work, I find it difficult to believe he wasn't at least marginally influenced by Django.

Django was the one who inspired him to continue playing after suffering a partial finger amputation. One would have to think that he at least influenced Tony to an extent. There more detectable jazz in Bill's drumming, though.

Django was the one who inspired him to continue playing after suffering a partial finger amputation. One would have to think that he at least influenced Tony to an extent. There more detectable jazz in Bill's drumming, though.
Kid, I've been listening to Sabbath forever, you think I don't know that?

Probably controversial here.

Quicksand Dream's latest album, Beheading Tyrants is AWFUL.

I've tried to listen to it three times now and every single time I've turned it off before it finished. It lacks everything I loved about Aelin. Kinda hurts me that I don't like it tbh. Massive disappointment.

Twilight of the Gods and Blood on Ice are superior to Hammerheart. I'm listening to "Man of Iron" right now. Such a beautiful song.

I prefer Hammerheart to Twilight of the Gods, but I think Blood on Ice is better than both. The very best.

Probably controversial here.

Quicksand Dream's latest album, Beheading Tyrants is AWFUL.

I've tried to listen to it three times now and every single time I've turned it off before it finished. It lacks everything I loved about Aelin. Kinda hurts me that I don't like it tbh. Massive disappointment.

That's... Rather drastic. It's not as good as Aelin though I agree.

Aelin was so distinct and original, yet still deeply rooted in traditional metal.

Beheading Tyrants basically just sounds like Quicksand Dream wanted to fall in line with the average throwback epic/doom/progressive metal band. It's also a bit boring compared with Aelin.

I'm not sure if Beheading Tyrants even has a concept either, which seems a shame. They should have used the album to continue the story.

Reactions: PrincessHades
Just want to air out an opinion and get other peoples perceptive. In the past 6 months or so I've listened to Deeds of Flesh so much it hardly seems reasonable with so many good bands out there. I don't know what it is about the guitar playing but the riffs get me hooked, like a drug. The production on everything up to crown of souls, I love it, not that the newer albums productions are bad just a different thing. I love that thick sound of the guitars.

Not really leeching when the father-son duo was vital to the albums' existence. All those tireless nights spent moving furniture out of the basement and recording equipment in, earning a paycheck to keep his little man big and strong with fresh lutefisk, hand-feeding him when he was sick, bed time stories of Norse legends, etc.