Controversial opinions on metal

Give me the thrashiest, riffiest Children of Bodom album and I will listen to it once I'm done with the Hades album I'm currently playing.

Haha.

As for what you should listen to. Probably Hatebreeder. A friend bought it me when I was 16 or so. Of course I sold that shit. It sucks.

Last edited:
You have an in-crowd kind of aura about you, in a good way. Like, just looking at your username and avatar I might assume you had the taste stamp of approval without knowing anything else.

Anyways, Hatebreeder was decent. I think I might actually like the later songs, e.g. Blooddrunk period more, but it was still an alright about. Follow the Reaper seemed a little better from a hook-writing standpoint but probably had lower lows as well.

You have an in-crowd kind of aura about you, in a good way. Like, just looking at your username and avatar I might assume you had the taste stamp of approval without knowing anything else..
I don't know how my username and avatar relate to the in-crowd but then again, I don't know what an archetypal in-crowd member looks like to you.

Didn't realize that's what it was in reference to. Elder Scrolls is the Avenged Sevenfold of Western RPGs tbh. People with good taste reference Lands of Lore in their profile.

Are you basing your judgment of the series on Oblivion/Skyrim? Because Morrowind is the Summoning of Western RPGs.

Reactions: CiG
Are you basing your judgment of the series on Oblivion/Skyrim? Because Morrowind is the Summoning of Western RPGs.

This comparison will not help your case where HamburgerBoy is concerned.

Anyway I really like Skyrim. The combat is definitely shitty (it's just very superficial and lacking in depth. The attacks from weapons don't feel very visceral or like they connect half the time), but everything else about it is pretty great.

I definitely need to spend more time with Morrowind, though.