Controversial opinions on metal

Well I guess I posted this in the right thread. Though I like Venom, hell I prefer it to Motorhead probably. I just think the Bathory LP is far more raw and I prefer Quorthon's vocals.

At Wat With Satan
d36.jpg

I couldn't resist.

Bathory > Blood Fire Death > At Wat With Satan > Under the Sign of the Black Mark > Black Metal > Possessed > The Return = Welcome to Hell

Every album up their kicks ass.
Correct order as follows

Hammerheart ....>.... Blood Fire Death > Bathory > Under The Sign of the Black Mark > The Return > at war with satan > black metal > welcome to hell > possessed

Correct order as follows

Hammerheart ....>.... Blood Fire Death > Bathory > Under The Sign of the Black Mark > The Return > at war with satan > black metal > welcome to hell > possessed

sorry no "viking" metal allowed

You're doing it all wrong anyway, young grasshopper. This is how it's supposed to be done ...

Bathory ;^ ) Blood Fire Death ;^ ) At Wat With Satan ;^ ) Under the Sign of the Black Mark ;^ ) Black Metal ;^ ) Possessed ;^ ) The Return = Welcome to Hell

sorry no "viking" metal allowed

You're doing it all wrong anyway, young grasshopper. This is how it's supposed to be done ...

Bathory ;^ ) Blood Fire Death ;^ ) At Wat With Satan ;^ ) Under the Sign of the Black Mark ;^ ) Black Metal ;^ ) Possessed ;^ ) The Return = Welcome to Hell
that actually cracked me up. this needs to become a thing.

Under the Sign of the Black Mark > Blood Fire Death > Black Metal > At War with Satan > The Return > Possessed > Welcome to Hell > Bathory

Under the Sign of the Black Mark jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png Blood Fire Death jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png Black Metal jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png At War with Satan jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png The Return jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png Possessed jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png Welcome to Hell jew-bwa-ha-ha_thumb.png Bathory

Fixed.

Last edited:
early venom > early bathory
late bathory > late venom

edit: actually nvm most of venoms albums are ranked lower than bathorys albums for me
i like the first 2 venom albums more than the first 2 bathory albums tho so idfk

Reactions: CiG
I'm listening to the reissue of Stronger Than Evil because it arrived in the mail today. Given the fact that Heavy Load was actually fairly popular in Sweden in the 1980s, I'd also have to assume that Quorthon had heard their music as well. That makes his Viking "evolution" even less exciting and original.

honest question, what do you guys think about NSBM
would you still listen and recc a band knowing they were NS, do you care, do you think it belongs in the scene?

I have no interest in supporting Nazi media in any form and I have no issue with disassociating myself with a black metal act if I learn about their Nazism after I first started listening to them. It's black metal, not Wagner, and not profound enough a form of music for me to overlook overt or even underlying politics in their music.