Controversial opinions on metal

So maybe his voice is not to your liking. But you still cannot deny that he is a damn good vocalist... One of the best.

He's an influential vocalist, I'll give him that... but I honestly just don't consider him to be all that good. He seems to have a lot of trouble hitting specific notes as well, even on some studio tracks.

Just saying, there's definitely vocalists who I'd place ahead of him, proficiency-wise.

He's an influential vocalist, I'll give him that... but I honestly just don't consider him to be all that good. He seems to have a lot of trouble hitting specific notes as well, even on some studio tracks.

Just saying, there's definitely vocalists who I'd place ahead of him, proficiency-wise.

I don't expect you to place a vocalist you can't stand on top of your list, just that you show him some respect... Which I guess you just did. Good.

ShredHead: Blaze is the guy who replaced Bruce for awhile, and ended up singing on X Factor and Virtual XI.

Yeah, I sort of figured that, but I was thinking Jorn Landau (spelling?) was the guy who replaced him. I have all Maiden up to No Prayer For the Dying & I haven't heard any album after that... Probably for the better... I like Maiden, but I could do without more stuff from them. Somewhere in Time is definitely my favorite Maiden album.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is my favourite Maiden album, followed by Killers, The X Factor and A Matter of Life and Death.

obama-nope.jpg

How could anyone who is a Maiden fan NOT know that Bayley sang for them?

I forgot his name, I was thinking it was a different dude. Never heard those albums. & yes, Somewhere in Time is their best by far, at least from their first 8. I just listened to it on my way home. I had to after seeing this Maiden thread.

I was torn betwee, Maiden & Blind Guardian for my ride home :lol:

This may only apply to this forum but I find Demigod's Slumber of Sullen Eyes to be a tad overrated. It's got some totally kick-ass moments but I find the album, as a whole, to be a bit meh.