Controversial opinions on metal

Me neither. I thought Enthrone Darkness Triumphant was crap even when I was 13. I could never even get into Stormblast. Their later stuff is just unbearable. It's like listening to the Star Wars soundtrack in a gay bar.

I remember liking that song 'Mourning Palace' at a time but that's about it. I don't even like For All Tid. It sounds like a half-assed In the Nightside Eclipse or something.

Nile make me LOL

"Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is in the Water"

:lol:

Theyre way above the heap of metalcore bands, their newest is more progressive than metalcore. My claim isnt any more outlandist than someone saying opeth are the best band of the past 10 years.Theyre nowhere near what most metalcore bands out there put on the table. If you dont believe me check out songs like the son of nothing, white walls or prequal to the sequal(i doubt you will but if you want to go ahead)

I'm not saying that they suck. They're actually pretty good, but there are several different Metalcore bands that bring a lot more to the table.
Also, though I'm not the biggest Opeth fan, I think it's pretty clear which band between the two has the better writing ability and overall talent.
How about this?
Between the Buried and Me is YOUR FAVORITE band of the last 10 years. They're clearly not the best.

Also, @ML- Devourment's vocals are great... especially when done by Ruben Rosas.

edit: I find Nile enjoyable, but the more music I'm exposed to, the less interested in them I become. Where as they used to be one of my favorite bands (hence my name), I now haven't listened to them in a couple of months.

whiskey: this forum is based upon the principle of insulting people who disagree with you.

But explain to me how Nile are generic. Did I miss a massive wave of brutal death incorporating Egypt-y melodies?

I like Nile. I technically think 'Black Seeds..' is the best, but the production is horrible, so I'll vouch for either 'Shrines' or 'Annihilation'. Fishy-peepee is boring and so is the debut. Yes it is, shutup. I don't remember a single thing on it. :ill: