Controversial opinions on metal

I've never listened to hell awaits though, how does it compare to SNM and RIB

really wild foreboding stuff, instead of relentlessly pummelling away like RiB it waits and BROODS like a coiled snake, sometimes snapping into intense battering climaxes with their trademark sociopathic ruthlessness and control. it's almost demonic, you can almost see the blood and hellfire dripping from every twisted riff. the songwriting is unfathomably intelligent i think, they were in complete command of their medium at this point, it takes serious artistry to write riffs that curl around your mind like these. i really hope i'm getting across how brilliant this album is, GET IT!

Excuse me? I've been defending this album for years, not that you would know. You apparently have me confused with someone else.

yeah but you used to love RiB, you used to whine about jesus saves not being up to the brilliant standard of the rest of the album.

Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

bahhh you're not worthy of stepping inside that labyrinthine cobweb-ridden crypt of a record. right up there near the top of the '86 charts for me.

Look, I've forgotten more about metal than you've learned in the 14 months you've been listening to it, but if you're not in on the joke, don't play along.

If you look at some of my previous posts in this thread you will see I am in on the joke. I've just been responding to your statements.

How do you figure I've been listening to metal for 14 months?

are you by any chance any of these people:
clark carpenter
mornelithe falconsbane
armageddon's child
planetary eulogy
laeth maclaurie
reltih floda
europa ascendent
dying sun
cryonaut x
thunderbolt of baal

damn i used to know loads more of these. what name did you use when you were trolling the marilyn manson boards?

Actually, there are some very good Christian metal bands. And I don't mean Stryper. I did see them live once, and they did rock, but that's beside the point. I never caught a little bible. Darn.

I know, I just get tired of reading these discussions on slayer. It's the same damn thing everytime. Demoliton Hammer doesn't get a lot of talk time so I threw them out there.

I know, I just get tired of reading these discussions on slayer. It's the same damn thing everytime. Demoliton Hammer doesn't get a lot of talk time so I threw them out there.

everyone likes demolition hammer unfortunately so there's no controversy :)

know who we haven't talked about in a while? opeth!