Controversial opinions on metal

I've never heard Shadows. I have North From Here and got my copy of this many many years ago. I tried listening to it recently and could only get through the first two songs before turning it off.
do not hate North From Here plz. :(:(

Shadows of the Past is much more traditional old school sounding death metal, and much rawer and more brutal. Also better ofcourse. :p

Beyond the Realms of Death is a great song, and easily one of the best Priest songs. Some might not consider this controversial, but I do.

how is this controversial in any way shape or form, at all. it's like the most well acclaimed judas priest song.

i still like dreamer deceiver a lot more.

- Negură Bunget's "'n Crugu Bradului" does nothing for me. I think most of it has to do with the mix of the album. I love "Om" on the other hand.

- I find Unleashed's "Across the Open Sea" to be a horribly boring album.

I think underproducing for the sake of being kvlt is the most ridiculous thing ever! I don't want to listen to an album that sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom

Besides, acting like everything with a raw production was done just to be kvlt is stupid, so just stop.

I think underproducing for the sake of being kvlt is the most ridiculous thing ever! I don't want to listen to an album that sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom

^

Thin/shitty sounding guitars and drums also annoy the shit out of me.

Besides, acting like everything with a raw production was done just to be kvlt is stupid, so just stop.

I said "for the sake of being kvlt"! My first demo was VERY underproduced, but not for the sake of being kvlt, but because I was flat broke at the time :D

So stop making assumptions

You said you don't want to listen to AN album that sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom, and before that you said you don't like when bands record "badly" just to be "kvlt." It's therefore a logical assumption to make that you dislike bands with bad production generally, because they're "trying to be kvlt." You're just a bad poster though.

Bad poster with stupid trite avatar that he thinks is going to make people mad, actually.

You said you don't want to listen to AN album that sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom, and before that you said you don't like when bands record "badly" just to be "kvlt." It's therefore a logical assumption to make that you dislike bands with bad production generally, because they're "trying to be kvlt." You're just a bad poster though.

Jeez...logical assumption eh?

Look, I for one enjoy the original Stormblåst compared to the new Stormblåst MMV DUE in part to the poorer production..

HOWEVER, Dimmu Borgir are as far from kvlt status as Nickelback these days!

Now take the new Satyricon album The Age of Nero..Satyr undoubtedly wanted to win back some old fans with this album after his mainstream success.. he did this by underproducing (of course this can be argued for eons about whether it's for atmospheric purposes or whatnot) but to be honest it turned out to be in my opinion of the worst albums I've ever heard (not that I was a fan of Satyricon in the first place)

But it seems like you two buddies just want to feel a little more superior than the rest no? Just like the youtube kids