Controversial opinions on metal

I'm pretty sure they just understand the genre of black metal.

I would very much like to apply my ass-kicking skills to every idiot that make posts along the lines of "you just like *insert band name* because they're kvlt* or "you just don't like *insert band name* because they're mainstream". When is this ever the case with true music fans? I gaurantee V5, Dodens, and MalignParadigm (in particular) don't listen to bands solely based on underground status. Such petty logic.

You got me wrong, I absolutely only listen to certain bands because they're underground, I am pretty sure that's the only reason for ever listening to them...I just tag my Nickelback songs as Belketre to be kvlt...I'm such a sad failure :(

I'm pretty sure they just understand the genre of black metal.

I would very much like to apply my ass-kicking skills to every idiot that make posts along the lines of "you just like *insert band name* because they're kvlt* or "you just don't like *insert band name* because they're mainstream". When is this ever the case with true music fans? I gaurantee V5, Dodens, and MalignParadigm (in particular) don't listen to bands solely based on underground status. Such petty logic.

Black metal fans can be incredibly ridiculous at times, and certainly that ridiculous. I've been into the genre for over a few years and I have to admit the genre gets more and more embarrassing and idiotic as time progresses, especially its fan base.

Well those are the minority of black metal fans. I just hate how people assume raw production = attempt at being kvlt.

Black metal fans can be incredibly ridiculous at times, and certainly that ridiculous. I've been into the genre for over a few years and I have to admit the genre gets more and more embarrassing and idiotic as time progresses, especially its fan base.

I believe what you're refering to are scene kids. I really doubt that applies to fans that been into the music for years and understand every aspect of it.

I think you should all watch:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_svYKVg94>

(Also linked in another thread with video embedding)

It is basically a satire of the epitome of black metal elitism..

Now stop the bickering, no one is saying music is crap because it's not kvlt, or vice versa, the point i was trying to make has to do with the BLATANT choice of making music underproduced to purposely make it more kvlt WHEN higher means of production are available...that is NOT the same as saying ALL underproduced music is crap, or ALL underproduced music is trying to be kvlt

Now stop the bickering, no one is saying music is crap because it's not kvlt, or vice versa, the point i was trying to make has to do with the BLATANT choice of making music underproduced to purposely make it more kvlt WHEN higher means of production are available...that is NOT the same as saying ALL underproduced music is crap, or ALL underproduced music is trying to be kvlt

Black metal and higher means of production doesn't work 95% of the time. Do you even listen to the genre at all?

You're a fag.

Well I am a much bigger fan of Death Metal and its subgenres, but I do enjoy a bit of black metal, and I do not believe that black metal and good production don't mix!

Just to name a few albums that in my opinion are great + are well produced:

Blizzard Beasts - Immortal
Panzer Division Marduk - Marduk
Pandemonic Incantations - Behemoth
Dödens Evangelium - Ondskapt

Well I am a much bigger fan of Death Metal and its subgenres, but I do enjoy a bit of black metal, and I do not believe that black metal and good production don't mix!

Dödens Evangelium - Ondskapt

I can think of maybe one or two cases where good production was utilized well in black metal (Negura Bunget comes to mind). IF you don't know much about black metal then I don't know why you're even making claims like that.

Well then I think we might have two different ideas of what horrible production is..I think horrible production is like an album like Abigor's Opus IV..I bought that album a few years ago, and boy did I regret it! I believe they only used 1 mic for the entire drumset (I'm not sure how many mics were used on the Immortal album, but it was definitely more than 2), but the biggest problem by far was the lack of mastering, causing every instrument to drown each other out in a pool of chaos!

On the other hand I find the Immortal album to be very audible and well produced

So...you like black metal that is antithetical to what most black metal attempts to achieve?

Exactly what is black metal trying to achieve?

Black Metal a form of music, and if Immortal or Marduk decide to add another mic for the drumset, or spend more time mastering their album then all of a sudden they are not black metal musicians anymore?

You vehemently deny being black metal elitist, but no matter what I say, you have some sort of smartass remark to make about how much more you know about black metal and how wrong I am and untrue to the black metal scene..its just so pathetic

anyway i'm not gonna bother arguing with you guys anymore, I like my type of music, you like yours, there is no resolution to this..we are just wasting each others time

That's Immortal's worst-produced album.
Panzer Division Marduk would work much better with the band's current, visceral production.
The sound on that Behemoth album is too busy.