Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah, aside from the fact his growling on those albums actually is a lot weaker than previous Death and he frequently shows obvious signs of vocal strain.

In my opinion, it sounds pretty funny, and I also find his lyrics really ridiculous and silly.

Oh, and there's nothing generalized about my post, by the way. It is very specific.

Yeah, aside from the fact his growling on those albums actually is a lot weaker than previous Death and he frequently shows obvious signs of vocal strain.

In my opinion, it sounds pretty funny, and I also find his lyrics really ridiculous and silly.

Oh, and there's nothing generalized about my post, by the way. It is very specific.

You're a fucking dick. Maybe Chuck's vocals did get weaker, but they were still better than any of your whack ass bm bands vocals. And Chuck's lyrics are fucking awesome. You must be amazingly retarted if you can't understand his metaphorical and philosophical lyrics.

You're a fucking dick. Maybe Chuck's vocals did get weaker, but they were still better than any of your whack ass bm bands vocals. And Chuck's lyrics are fucking awesome.

Typical response from a moronic death fanboy. Chuck's vocals on the newer stuff are horrible beyond belief. You really must have your head way up your ass if you do consider them to be better than any black metal vocalist .

You must be amazingly retarted if you can't understand his metaphorical and philosophical lyrics.

She's more intelligent than you, I can assure you that much.

Are you saying they are horrible in general or compared to earlier Death?

Horrible in general. He sounds strained as fuck (specially on TSOP) and doesn't control his breathing at all. If he had continued on that path he probably would have fucked his throat up.

She's more intelligent than you, I can assure you that much.

This has nothing to do with my intelligence compared to hers. She just can't appreciate good lyrics, but whatever, it's her problem. And might I add that most black metal band's lyrics are absolutely ridiculous, and are nowhere compareable to Death's lyrics. Why are you even defending this Omni idiot? Haven't you seen how she acts all the time?

This has nothing to do with my intelligence compared to hers. She just can't appreciate good lyrics, but whatever, it's her problem. Why are you even defending this Omni idiot? Haven't you seen how she acts all the time?

I'm not defending her, i'm just calling it as I see it. If she's stuck up or not that's beside the point.

And might I add that most black metal band's lyrics are absolutely ridiculous, and are nowhere compareable to Death's lyrics.

Why do you feel compelled to bring a whole genre down just to prove your point? that just makes your opinion much less feasible. If you do have an opinion that you would like to hold up to scrutiny at least give a fair reasoning behind it.

You're a fucking dick. Maybe Chuck's vocals did get weaker, but they were still better than any of your whack ass bm bands vocals. And Chuck's lyrics are fucking awesome. You must be amazingly retarted if you can't understand his metaphorical and philosophical lyrics.

Yeah, um... lol. :lol:

Are you saying they are horrible in general or compared to earlier Death?

He frequently sounds a lot like Dani Filth on The Sound of Perseverance, complete with the annoying high-pitched falsetto vocals on the "Painkiller" cover. Sometimes it also sounds like he's doing metalcore vocals. Then there's the annoying strained vocal sections and voice cracking, which just sounds like shit.

Chuck's vocals are one of the main reasons I never listen to any Death albums. Guy shoulda kept his mouth shut.

His vocals are indeed very grating,and don't go particularly well with the music, but meh, it's extreme prog/heavy metal. All sorts of "Pavarottis" in his stead would be equally out of place. Tbh,I wouldn't call Atheist's vocals particularly fitting for the band's music either.

Well I think dm vocals fit Death perfectly, since their whole discography is pretty much death metal-influenced. It just wouldn't work if they had clean vocals etc. The vocals is the reason why I never liked Control Denied, tho the music is just basically Death. I like Chuck's sharp high pitching snarling growl, but I got to admit he used to be a hundred times better.

Chuck's vocals are one of the main reasons I never listen to any Death albums. Guy shoulda kept his mouth shut.

And he DID on Voice of the Soul, which makes it better than pretty much all of TSOP.

DB, for once we're not complaining that his vocals "don't fit the music", but that they are technically awful.

Eh, I always thought the way his voice sounds kind of ragged and strained was cool, like it conveyed a real physical effort which is what death metal should be. I can't stand seeing bands live for example, when the vocalist is booming out these low vocals without breaking a sweat, and the vocals are not coming from right down in the belly.

Spirit... CrushAAAAR! That crack in the voice makes it seem all the more real.

It's a different style of vocals tbh...

Whatever, semantics really.
No, different styles involving different techniques...

DB, for once we're not complaining that his vocals "don't fit the music", but that they are technically awful.
Not awful. The style clashed with the music. If you put them over some black metal you wouldn't be complaining. I always thought he should have just hired a vocalist. The only album where they bother me at all, though, is tSoP.

Yes, it is a different vocal style on that album than he previously used, but I don't recall ever saying that it wasn't and don't see how that changes anything that I said.

Also, his vocals on The Sound of Perseverance would make me laugh on a black metal song as well, since they crack and strain a lot and he sounds like he has a really shallow growl.

You mean the fact that it's your fucking opinion and doesn't have a single basis in reality? You haven't even given a solid reason, yet you seem to think that what you say is the epitome of logic.