Controversial opinions on metal

Pretty much any type of music can have aggression except maybe bubblegum pop and techno.

immortal technique are yeah.

and yes, enherjer. I agree with you. The rhythms of both styles re totally opposite.And yes, there is aggressive pop songs, but in a total different cont3ext than metal.

99.9% of the metal community would praise Slipknot if they released the same albums but only sold 2000 copies per year.

Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer in the history of any genre of music. Second is Freddie Mercury.

Paul Gilbert blows any metal guitarist out of the water.

Just because it's on splattered vinyl doesn't mean it's good.

Corpsegrinder has better vocals than Chris Barnes, but he tries to cram too many lyrics into a small space.

Cold Lake wasn't all that bad.

Dying Fetus is nothing special. Neither is Behemoth.

I can't listen to more than 2 Napalm Death songs before I'm bored.

Judas Priest was WAY better when Halford had long hair and they sounded like a 60's rock band.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

99.9% of the metal community would praise Slipknot if they released the same albums but only sold 2000 copies per year.

That is bullshit. If anything the opposite would be more likely. It might only increase praise in more underground metal communities. Obviously albums sold isn't the only factor. Anothor factor that contributes to praise is the music itself and since it's shit, this seems even more less likely.

Yeah, personally I couldn't stand their music the moment I heard a single song. I had no idea at the time who the fuck they were or how many fucking cd's they sell. People hate Slipknot because they make shit music and not for any other reason.

I've heard one HIM song. It was indeed pretty catchy.

Not sure I'd bother to hear more of them, though. Not too crazy about goth shit.