Controversial opinions on metal

The Ramones kick ass, and that's an incontrovertible fact. They're probably the only punk band I'd willingly listen to (though I haven't really heard any other old-school punk bands).

The Ramones kick ass, and that's an incontrovertible fact. They're probably the only punk band I'd willingly listen to (though I haven't really heard any other old-school punk bands).

i've heard the ramones a million times and every time i go "what's the deal with these guys? why is this so 'great'? i just don't here it" :erk:

Uh... they were only one of the loudest, catchiest rock bands in the WORLD at the time of their debut album. You might as well be asking why Led Zeppelin or AC/DC are so great.

edit: not to mention they were a pretty big influence on Motorhead.

Uh... they were only one of the loudest, catchiest rock bands in the WORLD at the time of their debut album. You might as well be asking why Led Zeppelin or AC/DC are so great.

there is a universe of difference between zeppelin and the ramones

Bullshit. They were never that good and Motorhead sucks.

there is a universe of difference between zeppelin and the ramones

Okay, so Zeppelin actually had some intelligence to their music. My point was that they created a revolutionary sound, and that it was also extremely catchy. I really don't see how you wouldn't like them, unless you have some kind of grudge against punk, or catchy music in general.

Mathiäs;7133215 said:
Bullshit. They were never that good and Motorhead sucks.

:lol: Have fun getting flamed.