Controversial opinions on metal

I'd be interested in hearing his reasons for hating Bill Gates too. The guy has donated BILLIONS of dollars, not just a few hundred thousand.

Here's a recollection from someone who saw them on the same tour I did:

In their first encore, Eddie Vedder came out on stage alone with a miniature guitar and a Bill Gates mask. He said (I'm reconstructing from memory), “Let me show you how to impale a mask in a bizarre ritualistic fashion. First, you wear the mask. (Vedder pulls on a full rubber mask that covers his head like a helmet.) You put on the mask and do a little dance. Then you take it off and- here’s the sick part- are you ready? (Vedder removes the mask and lowers it onto an adjacent microphone stand, like putting a hat on a hat stand.) Total fucking impalement. And then you sing to it. This is a bizarre, violent ritual that I made up, because I’m a sick fuck. And a celebrity.” (He proceeds to sing a song to the floating Bill Gates head next to him.)

I enjoy Sodom the most outta Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction.

Sodom
Kreator
Destruction

I haven't listened to very much Destruction however.

Everything I've heard from Kreator (except their 90s stuff) has been miles ahead of what I've heard from Sodom, although in fairness I haven't heard Sodom's classic material.

Onward to Golgotha is way overrated, and Incantation's best albums are Primordial Domination and Mortal Throne of Nazarene

KONTRAVERSHUL!

I suppose another problem I have is with musicians who exploit their position. They're given a pulpit, and they use it to preach. When I buy tickets to a concert, I don't want to hear a musician's political views, whether they agree with me or not. I want to hear music. They can donate money and support all the charities/organizations that they wish; but I wish they would leave their political ideals backstage when playing a show.

Good music with 'political views' :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-2acj6fWA8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-2acj6fWA8[/ame]

S.O.A.D are one of the most terribly annoying bands on the planet in a general sense of music. I can't think of many bands in general that are as annoying or I find as unbearable.

Why is it that black metal is always so much better when it's mixed with other genres? Industrial, thrash, death, progressive, experimental/avant-garde, post-black... I always find these much more satisfying than even the classic Darkthrone or Mayhem records.

That is a very vague way of talking about black metal is combined with other genres. Name some bands, because usually most of those bands that combine black and death are really just playing old school black metal. I fail to find any Avant-Garde Black Metal bands; that would involve heavy amount of unorthodoxy in the composition. Maybe Blut Aus Nord or Deathspell Omega would fall under that term. I do agree that most of the experimental bands are much more interesting in terms of the current scene but they do not touch Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem, Bathory, etc.

Why is it that black metal is always so much better when it's mixed with other genres? Industrial, thrash, death, progressive, experimental/avant-garde, post-black... I always find these much more satisfying than even the classic Darkthrone or Mayhem records.

It needs the influence of other genres to prop up its own vapid monotony.