Controversial opinions on metal

S.O.A.D are one of the most terribly annoying bands on the planet in a general sense of music. I can't think of many bands in general that are as annoying or I find as unbearable.

I wouldn't say most annoying on the planet, maybe among the most annoying that are supposed to be in the metal category. I seriously can't stand the whining in SOAD....

That is a very vague way of talking about black metal is combined with other genres. Name some bands, because usually most of those bands that combine black and death are really just playing old school black metal. I fail to find any Avant-Garde Black Metal bands; that would involve heavy amount of unorthodoxy in the composition. Maybe Blut Aus Nord or Deathspell Omega would fall under that term. I do agree that most of the experimental bands are much more interesting in terms of the current scene but they do not touch Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem, Bathory, etc.

By avant-garde, I mean bands like Dødheimsgard, Negura Bunget, Arcturus, Virus, etc. I'm really not familiar with DsO or BAN so I can't comment on them, but I don't see the appeal in an album like Transilvanian Hunger. It's undeniably monotonous and lacking any element that really makes me want to listen to it more than once or twice.

He should fucking tell the guy has only been here a few months and obviously uses the term for being an experiment metal band, and not what it 'actually' means, but he's gotta be a fucking retard and act like he should know it.

By avant-garde, I mean bands like Dødheimsgard, Negura Bunget, Arcturus, Virus, etc. I'm really not familiar with DsO or BAN so I can't comment on them, but I don't see the appeal in an album like Transilvanian Hunger. It's undeniably monotonous and lacking any element that really makes me want to listen to it more than once or twice.

None of the bands are avant-garde, but they are certainly different. Bands like that are just expanding the sound past normal black metal. I suggest you listen to some of the stranger raw black metal bands so you can get into some of the classic bands. You might dig shit like Furze.

For sure. Are you interested in, like, strange metal for lack of a better term? If you are into that kind of stuff, I strongly recommend you browse through Aquarius Records' website. They stock some the best experimental/outsider metal music and have an ear for some of the most quality releases that no one really knows about. They stock a ton of shit beyond just metal so have fun digging through their website; I have spent hours finding new stuff there.

Definitely, I find that most unorthodox stuff tends to be to my liking. I'm slowly discovering a lot of bands on The End and finding a lot of good stuff, so I'll have to give Aquarius a look soon enough.

Leprosy is better than any Pestilence album and is also the best Death album.

Consuming Impulse does kick ass though.