Controversial opinions on metal

SIT is the most epic and most awesome album Maiden has ever done. It is the epitome of what Maiden stands for: hard rocking, kick ass epic heavy metal.

Hm, I see where you're coming from, but there's way too much filler on that album tbh.

Anyway, since lists are fun, here's my top 5:

1) Iron Fucking Maiden
2) Killers
3) Number of the Beast
4) Powerslave
5) toss-up, but I guess either Somewhere in Time or Dance of Death

'Brave New World' is excellent most of the way through and as underrated as 'X Factor' IMO.

'Dance of Death'.....zzz..........well, I like 'Paschendale'.

'NOTB' and 'Piece of Mind' are full of filler. The following 3 are much better.

I do not have the newest one. I heard two songs and that was enough for me to decide it would probably be even more boring than the last one.

Yo dawg, I herd you liek objectivity in subjective topics, so we put some objectivity in your subjectivity so your head can explode

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

The only song on SIT that is possible filler is Stranger in a Strange Land.

Dream of Mirrors is one of the best songs on BNW

Heaven Can Wait is probably the most annoying song Bruce ever did with Maiden,5-7 are filler, and Alexander the Great, if not filler, is still boring as hell.

I'll close with the most annoying part of any Bruce/Maiden song ever:

Heaven can WAaAaAaAIT-Heaven can WAaAaAaAaAIt-Heaven can WAaAaAaAaAIT!!!!1!1! :puke:

Now that I think about it some more, I'd probably put Killers in the #2 spot. The Di'Anno era was just fucking awesome.

Heaven Can Wait is probably the most annoying song Bruce ever did with Maiden,5-7 are filler, and Alexander the Great, if not filler, is still boring as hell.

Heaven can WAaAaAaAIT-Heaven can WAaAaAaAaAIt-Heaven can WAaAaAaAaAIT!!!!1!1! :puke:

A BRAVE NEW WORLD
A BRAVE NEW WORLD
IN A BRAVE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD
A BRAVE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOORLD

No, chorus of 'Invaders' is worse. I've never understood why everybody loves that song so much. The instrumentation is completely faceless, beyond typical NWOBHM and the chorus melody makes no sense at all and sounds terrible.

InVAAYYders

duh duh duh dum

InVAAAYders

ugh, shouldn't have even been on the album.

Um, okay, "Heaven Can Wait" is actually pretty awesome. And there are plenty of far more irritating Maiden moments. That one's just a slightly awkward vocal delivery that's not too hard to get used to.

It's one of those songs where even the casual listener notes that Bruce is often a bit flat. :p

I think maybe 'SIT' and 'BNW' are about even, but the former doesn't really have that odd unifying vibe that the latter does....well, it has it until 'Nomad' and 'Mercenary' break it up, those are some lemons.