Controversial opinions on metal

Krallice's debut is fucking awesome. This could be controversial if metal enthusiasts are worried about hipsters assimilating black metal into the indie scene.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-bad...
B-b-b-b-b-b-b...bad.
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-bad...
Baaaaaad to the bone!

I actually gave Rvnning Wild a first listen under the impression that they wrote the Bad to the Bone you quoted, and were a really badass retro blues rock/metal band.

Disappointment. :(

The old Children of Bodom albums are better than the new ones.
Cannibal Corpse is getting less raw and hardcore as the years go on.
Slayer are the gods of thrash metal.
Scandinavia is the home of black metal.
In Flames needs a better vocalist.
DragonForce have shitty vocals but awesome guitars.
Death Magnetic (Metallica) is the worst metal album ever released.

The old Children of Bodom albums are better than the new ones.
Cannibal Corpse is getting less raw and hardcore as the years go on.
Slayer are the gods of thrash metal.
Scandinavia is the home of black metal.
In Flames needs a better vocalist.
DragonForce have shitty vocals but awesome guitars.
Death Magnetic (Metallica) is the worst metal album ever released.

-Not controversial at all (although I find all CoB to be pretty shit)
-I don't think I would have ever called them "raw and hardcore", but regardless, CC are pretty much identical to how they've always been. Their biggest shift was changing vocalists. EP was actually their best CD in a while IMO
-Slayer are incredibly bad now, and have been since somewhere around Seasons, depending on who you ask
-No shit.
-They're just thoroughly goofy. Good as a joke, boring as a band.
-It was boring. It's not even close to the worst metal album ever released.

It is indeed. I personally like Hell Awaits a little more, but really all of their early stuff is classic

God Hates Us All is what got me into Slayer in the first place.

I have another controversial opinion:
Dethklok will be better as a real band, not an animated one.

No, chorus of 'Invaders' is worse. I've never understood why everybody loves that song so much. The instrumentation is completely faceless, beyond typical NWOBHM and the chorus melody makes no sense at all and sounds terrible.

InVAAYYders

duh duh duh dum

InVAAAYders

ugh, shouldn't have even been on the album.

DF vocals are pretty poor, but I still listen to 'Valley of the Damned' out of their albums. It's not because it was 'teh b4 they got popular arghuguguhg' although that is true. It just sounds like a real band making real metal and it has some really good songs on it. The whole band is not yet defined by a 'look how goofy/ironic and monotonous we can be!' gimmick.

Only because I didn't want to spur elitist people who don't honestly like much classic or power metal but pimp that album based on image and 'rawness'. :p I would have picked 'Marching To Die' off of 'Branded and Exiled' but that song is good too. Or, if you want to go even further back, 'Bones to Ashes' off that old 'Death Metal' compilation (it's not death metal).