Controversial opinions on metal

Not really. They're simply the most irrationally hated especially considering the cult following that the Austrian synth fairies enjoy. Dimmu's albums could've benefited from better production,though

Cradle of Filth has never been a black metal band (and this is according to the band members themselves).

Oh yes, the supreme authority, Dani Filth must not be ignored. :erk:

As far as Dimmu Borgir goes, I like For All Tid and Stormblast... I'm a sucker for symphonic black metal though... the rest of their albums... I just dont like...particularly dca... I thought it was totally unlistenable... after it quickly gave me a headache.

Yeah boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Overkill, Testament, Nuclear Assault or Exodus should have been in the big four.

The big-four didnt have to do with how good the bands are or were though. It was about how popular they were at the time and Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer were the most popular thrash bands.

Personally I do prefer alot of other thrash bands to all of these except Megadeth who I think was always excellent. The best Anthrax did I also thought was awesome but unfortunately they couldnt stay on top musically which is a shame because "among the living" is a real killer of a record.

The big-four didnt have to do with how good the bands are or were though. It was about how popular they were at the time and Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer were the most popular thrash bands.

Exactly, Anthrax shouldn't be that/this popular.